• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Faster Camera

ren857

Android Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2010
I have the Epic 4G Touch and I have a question about the camera.

Is there anyway to make it take photos faster?

I've used an iPhone 4s before and the camera on that phone is fast...I could take picture after picture of my 3-month-old son without the phone having to refocus after every shot like the Epic does. (I've caught some amazing photos of my son because of the speed of the 4s camera).

Is there a setting somewhere that would make the camera faster at taking photos? I've looked through the camera settings, but I'm not sure about some of them.

Thanks!

I've a 3 year old son so I totally understand where you're coming from.

I can't comment on the default camera app, but you could try something like Camera 360 or LG Camera? Even Camera Zoom FX if you're willing to pay? 360 & LG both offer touch to focus which I've found helps in getting better/quicker shots and CZFX is just a pretty good camera app anyway.

Upvote 0
If you change the focus level to infinity, that helps. Otherwise it takes (or seems to) an age to take the picture. The only drawback I found with LG was that it destroyed my battery whilst using it. Your experience may differ though.

Let me know, I can have a play about with settings, see what works best.

I did change the focus to infinity, and it did help a bit, but not as fast as i would like.

Check out, Fast Burst Camera, it has zero lag like the Galaxy Nexus. Works perfect because I too have a 3 year old

This is great! It's really fast, but I wish the resulting pics were of a higher quality. But I will use this for those quick shots.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Upvote 0
hello there someone or anyone pls...I bought the app Fast Burst Camera based on the revies I have been reading but whenever I took pictures...I got the error messages ...could not write to sd card. make sure its inserted and USB storage is turned off. So I do not have any pictures save but I do not get this same error message when I use the stock camera. Please can someone help me or where do I need to go in the setting to make changes. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones