Faster scrolling through long websites?Tips

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to grab the scrollbar when trying to get farther down a long website? Even quick finger flicks don't go fast enough for really big sites.

Advertisement
  2. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Dolphin HD has a gesture that takes you to the bottom of the page. Very convenient for this forum since pages are 50 posts long by default.

3. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

If you use a browser like xScope, you can set it to use the volume rocker to scroll. If you just hold it down it will scroll very fast. XScope is the fastest browser but lacks a few features like copy and paste.

4. JohnJSal

What about the default browser?

5. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

The stock browser lacks features. That's why I use Dolphin HD. But some people want speed, so they use xScope. Unless there's a feature on the stock browser that you can't get elsewhere, I would try out other browsers. They can all be set up as the default browser.

BTW, Dolphin HD has copy/paste (which I use all the time to copy url's and links into email and Facebook) and can use the volume rocker to scroll up and down. I turned it off because I would rather use the volume rocker to control the volume of my music player and Flash videos while I'm browsing.

6. JohnJSal

Thanks. I guess I need to look into other browsers.