Faster than 4G samsung admire? Please review.

1. ATRAIN904

ATRAIN904 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. DwayneE75

DwayneE75 Well-Known Member

Thats got to be fake, what person do you see running around here with a samsung admire showing 1x but running a 4g speed, and you clearly can see that his images on his web browser barely even loaded up lol. I think he is just trying to get views:(
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

2400kbps is 2.4mb which is roughly true 3g speeds
  4. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Just used the same site he did and that site is a crock. Its giving me 300kbps on my Esteem.
  5. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

anyone see the lochness at :32? coulda swore i saw a ufo at a 1:15 as well..... those damn blurry cams always get me believing things
  6. ATRAIN904

I figured as much. Just didnt want someone to have a hack that no one here knew about yet.
    Headband likes this.
  7. allmanallpimp

allmanallpimp Well-Known Member

how do we know it's not wifi, i can barely see that thing. he should've turned the monitor off in the background and put light on behind him...
  8. RetroDelete

RetroDelete Well-Known Member

I did a 3G Speed mod, by editing the build.prop, and using a Simple IP. AF won't let me post my screenshots..
  9. ATRAIN904

Use tinypic.com to upload your screenshot then copy and past the link it gives you for message boards into your post here and it should work fine.
  10. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

and im telling you its not possible. the technical specifications for "3g" cdma technology

"To combat reverse link congestion and noise rise, the protocol calls for each mobile to be given an interference allowance which is replenished by the network when the reverse link conditions allow it.[8] The reverse link has a maximum rate of 1.8 Mbit/s, but under normal conditions users experience a rate of approximately 500-1000kbit/s but with more latency than cable and dsl."

thats with evdo rev a. using various speed tweaks you could in theory bump past that "barrier" by cacheing and using speed boost technologies but i assure you you cannot go faster than 2.5Mbps. try doing those speedtests on teh speedtest.net app where it cleans out the cache on every test.

i live about 2 blocks from a sprint tower and get -65 to -76 signal and i average about 1.1-1.3Mbps on 3g speeds, (4g i run around 4.7-5.6Mbps)
  11. GTK313

GTK313 Well-Known Member

Something is wrong with that site... I run the test and my speed was way over the 4G Speed ...!!!

To make sure download the apps that measure the speed and compare, I don't think that site is reliable (Although it makes people happy :) )