1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Fastest, Most Fluid Launcher?

Last Updated:

1. Dankees

Dankees Well-Known Member

I really love GO Launcher EX, but I was wondering if anyone has ever done a (scientific) test regarding the various launchers available.
    I

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

It's technically impossible to do a scientific test IMO, because what launcher is most fluid is entirely dependent on a person's setup. Even when using the same phone, one launcher may not be as smooth as it is on another unit. Just try them and use the one you like best. I prefer Apex over Nova.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

I tried a bunch of them, stayed with Nova.
    Just got an update last night, and as fast as it was, it's now even faster.
    Lightning quick, with no problems at all.
    Not scientific, but I'm VERY pleased with it.
  4. Dankees

Where can I find a Facebook widget that displays my feed?
  5. leeanne172

leeanne172 Well-Known Member

I have also tried a bunch and always go back to Nova .. great launcher.
  6. chanchan05

There's a lot actually. But you can try Android Pro Widgets (APW)
    Dankees likes this.
  7. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Nova is very very smooth. I was on Apex but switched to Nova today. I was happy to see that Nova could even import my Apex home screens so I didn't have to do much setup. Brilliant.
  8. extirpate326

extirpate326 Member

Like apex a lot so far. :)
  9. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Tried most of them. Always end up back using Apex pro.
  10. Polish Prince

Polish Prince Well-Known Member

Nova Launcher is very nice. I've tried Apex, but prefer Nova for the smoothness. Only need 3 screens.

[​IMG]
  11. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Another vote for Nova.
  12. Dankees

Is it weird that I find Apex more fluid than Nova?
  13. chanchan05

Nope. Both are equally fluid on my ICS running Tab, but again a repeat, performance on one device model will not reflect performance on another. Performance is not even comparable on the same model of devices because of differing setups behind the scenes, like number of background running apps etc.
  14. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Tried a few I stuck with and paid for Apex.
    Dankees likes this.
  15. brylow

brylow Member

Nova is great. No problems with it whatsoever and runs fantastically on AOKP.
    Dankees likes this.
  16. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Use Nova Prime on my three main devices: Gnex, N7 and TF Prime. Like that it doesn't add too much and sticks with a mostly stock experience since I really dig the look of ICS/JB.
    In terms of speed, it seems to be quite similar to stock, but I like the ability to backup your homescreens for when you wipe and change ROMs (though I believe most 3rd party launchers do this).
    Gestures built into Prime are great, saves on uneccesary apps on your homescreens.
    wezi69 and Dankees like this.
  17. Brander

Brander Member

I used Go EX Launcher, I did find it to be laggy at some points, but the flexbility with the launcher is amazing. I personalized my android to look like an Iphone, and it is interesting.

Depends on your unit though.
    Dankees likes this.
  18. Dankees

I did the same thing with my Go Launcher EX. I got it looking like an iPhone, but it seemed a little laggy.
  19. by4x5

by4x5 Active Member

I use Go Launcher and it's easily my favorite. Never experienced lag.
  20. Nellis1218

Nellis1218 Member

I'm using TSF Shell and love it. Very smooth scrolling and 3d animation. Takes a little bit to get use to but very nice.
    Encerspay likes this.
  21. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you are saying.

BigRedGonzo
  22. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I need to start by saying, I like change and am always switching up my launcher. I have a Droid Bionic Handset and a Toshiba Thrive Tablet, both running ICS. I have used several launchers on both devices and find that they all have their pros and cons. I am currently using Nova Prime on my handset and find it very smooth and the features are nice. Another that I like quite a bit for both the phone and the tablet is SPB Shell 3D. It also has some really nice features and some really slick animations. It runs very smoothly on both devices. I have tried Go Launch and ADW Launcher EX and am just not that impressed with them. To be honest, I like the ICS Stock interface on my Tablet and the Moto Blur interface on my handset. Go figure...its all a matter of personal preference.

BigRedGonzo
    Dankees likes this.
  23. Espis

Espis Well-Known Member

I can definitely recommend Zeam Launcher, because it takes up less space than 400kb and it is relatively customizable. Also it looks kinda smooth. The only downside is that it won't let me use some of my widgets...
  24. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

I don't think you're supposed to.

I have no idea why anyone would want an Android to look like an iPhone.