1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Fastest, Most Fluid Launcher?

1. Dankees

Dankees Well-Known Member

What do you have on your Go Launcher homescreens?
  2. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

GoLauncherEx is better than APEX and Nova, IMHO.
  3. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I've also tried Go Launcher, but the last time I had it installed, I suddenly was plagued with Air Push Ads. I downloaded the Lookout app that identifies those types of things and it found Go Launcher. I uninstalled and the ads went away. I then read somewhere the Go Stuff had started doing the Air Push ads. I liked Go Launcher pretty well before that incident. Do you get Ads with it now?

BigRedGonzo
  4. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

I get zero ads.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Haven't gotten Airpush ads from Go in a while, apart from their usual "new Go Themes" airpush ad everytime you go into the part of their interface where you choose a new theme for the app.
  6. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

For the almost solid 2 years I've been using go launcher, haven't had not 1 air push ad aside from their rare notify of new themes.

If your a root user with s off (htc devices) nifty app ad away or ad free gets rid of those

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  7. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

No way. It's gotten bloated and buggy and worst of all, now Go's stuff has AirPush ads.
  8. DragonSlayer95

Do you have a ad detector to verify? I just find it odd ive never had any air push from go and I use the launcher sms locker and keyboard

[​IMG]

No go apps for push ads on my end :)

9. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

My bad, GoLauncher itself does *not* use AirPush. But GoContacts and GoSMS do. I've quit using and uninstalled all Go products on all the phones I maintain. Found better alternatives anyway.
    Dankees likes this.
  10. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

GoSMS Pro DOES NOT have push ads. Add-ons detector does not see any add-on on the app regarding push ads. Never had any push ads from Go apart from the usual "We got new themes" notification when opening the theme section and on new install.
    Dankees likes this.
  12. DragonSlayer95

Oh okay, it's some of the themes itself that has AirPush are by dev BRIONICthemes. Most other themes don't have AirPush.

Dankees likes this.
  13. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

I used GO for a while, then switched to ADW, and now I'm using Holo and I like it much better than the others.
  14. Encerspay

Encerspay Well-Known Member

Agreed
  15. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

You don’t have to worry about updates cluttering things with LauncherPro – it hasn’t been updated since I first installed it almost two years ago. But I hear that it isn’t compatible with recent OS releases, unsurprisingly. My droid has become a cutting-edge relic.
    Dankees likes this.
  16. DynaBMan

DynaBMan Member

I would be interested in knowing which SMS app you are using that you found as a better alternative to GO SMS Pro.
    Dankees likes this.
  17. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I also used GO for 2 years; tried Nova, Apex, and ssLauncher last week. Settled on SS because it is so much more configurable than any of them. I had no lag problems with any of them. If you take the time to play with SS, add a few fonts on your sd card, I don't think you'll remove it. I couldn't get Apex or Nova to look as good as GO, but after setting up SS, I got rid of the other three. I'm not rooted, on Nexus 7.
    Dankees likes this.
  18. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I've stayed with GO Launcher for the 30 apps in the dock.
    Dankees likes this.
  19. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

30? Last time I had it it was only 15 (5 per screen)

Dankees likes this.
  20. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

Nova has a total of 36; 12 per screen.
    Dankees likes this.
  21. bberryhill0

I'll look at Nova again. GO has fifteen but you can also swipe up on each one for another fifteen.

* Nova says it has up to 21 apps in the dock.
    Dankees likes this.
  22. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Fairly smitten with Nova...
  23. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Apex pro. GO is garbage. If you're running android 4.0+ apex or nova is the only way to go.
  24. bberryhill0

I beg to differ. I find GO to be quite useful.
  25. sohguanh

sohguanh Well-Known Member

I don't know why this fascination with launchers but I do find the manufacturer provided launcher good enough for me to use. Maybe I am a simple person who look for simple things to solve my daily needs. Life itself is complicated enough so why complicate yourself further with more launcher choices? :)