1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Fastest Path from .TXT to Android Desktop

Last Updated:

1. alicecuriouse

alicecuriouse Member This Topic's Starter

There are several apps that a user create various files from an Android (textual documents, audio recordings, photos, links) and store them on a website where they can be accessed later from a desktop computer.

I am looking for a way to do the reverse.

I do a lot of data gathering from my desktop computer. I copy large amounts of text and links and paste them into either a .txt or .rtf file.

What would be a simple method to send a .txt or .rft file from my desktop directly to my SD card AND create a shortcut link for it either on my Android desktop or in system folder somewhere that I can have a desktop shortcut to?

I realize the solution might seem obvious, but while I am using my Android to view Google docs, or Evernote, or Snaptic it is not apparent to me how I can simply pull the document from the web and store it on my phone for quick access.

I have tons of .txt and .rtf files that I would like to permantly store on my SD card, so whatever quick method you know of will be uber helpful.

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Dropbox would be the easiest and most seamless IMO. You can get the app free from the market.

All you need is a free Dropbox account and you have 2+ GB of storage. No CC info required.
    Also, if you use a referral link, you and the referrer both get an extra 250 MB of storage.

Here's mine:
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTY3NDY0ODU5

3. alicecuriouse

alicecuriouse Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I'll try it.

Do you have any tips for how I would access these files on my Android?

4. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Just open the Dropbox app and you can browse/download all your files.

5. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

Ya. It's exactly like looking at files on your sd card using a file manager, except they're in the cloud.

I use dropbox with my phone and haven't plugged it in in months.

Dan