• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastest Path from .TXT to Android Desktop

There are several apps that a user create various files from an Android (textual documents, audio recordings, photos, links) and store them on a website where they can be accessed later from a desktop computer.

I am looking for a way to do the reverse.

I do a lot of data gathering from my desktop computer. I copy large amounts of text and links and paste them into either a .txt or .rtf file.

What would be a simple method to send a .txt or .rft file from my desktop directly to my SD card AND create a shortcut link for it either on my Android desktop or in system folder somewhere that I can have a desktop shortcut to?

I realize the solution might seem obvious, but while I am using my Android to view Google docs, or Evernote, or Snaptic it is not apparent to me how I can simply pull the document from the web and store it on my phone for quick access.

I have tons of .txt and .rtf files that I would like to permantly store on my SD card, so whatever quick method you know of will be uber helpful.

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones