• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fastest way to switch between roms??

darkworld260

Jan 21, 2011
i was wondering if anyone knew the fastest way to switch between roms? i am using clockworkmod recovery but if it requires RA i will be happy to switch over! i was thinking i would have to probably backup and restore the roms but im not completely sure.
Thanks!

i was wondering if anyone knew the fastest way to switch between roms? i am using clockworkmod recovery but if it requires RA i will be happy to switch over! i was thinking i would have to probably backup and restore the roms but im not completely sure.
Thanks!

Do you mean actual length of time in recovery? Between RA and CW, there about the same time wise. If you're talking in terms of flashing and setting up a ROM the way you like it, TB would would be the fastest but can get buggy if you restore apps + data. There is an option there named "Migrate System Data", which attempts to preserve DB structure and to migrate your data across incompatible ROM versions (ie: transferring data/settings/apps from Sense to AOSP), it in the experimental stage so use w/ caution.

EDIT: LOL Nevermind, I didn't read the question carefully enough! :p

Upvote 0
the fastest way to jump between roms is to:
1)flash rom, make a nandroid,
2)flash another rom, make a nandroid
then just restore the nandroids for each rom.
of course don't forget to wipe everything in bewteen flashing.

i was looking for more of an answer like this thanks but i dont like the fact that it takes like 5 minutes to switch between roms........

Upvote 0
i was looking for more of an answer like this thanks but i dont like the fact that it takes like 5 minutes to switch between roms........
You think 5 mins is a long time to switch between operating systems? I think it's amazing it can be done that quickly. Try switching between operating systems on you PC it takes an hour or so.

Upvote 0
You think 5 mins is a long time to switch between operating systems? I think it's amazing it can be done that quickly. Try switching between operating systems on you PC it takes an hour or so.

well on a computer, you can dual boot. and with a solid state drive idk if it would take an hour, more like 15 to 30 minutes (at least for me thats how long it takes on my pc :) ) (unless your not running a solid state drive then its going to take about an hour)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones