Faulty handset?

Last Updated:

1. Half-Mine

Half-Mine Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, new to the forums. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been having a similar issue with their hero. My back button seems to have stopped functioning as it was originally intended. It now only exits whatever program and returns to the home screen. Also, if while in locked mode, the back button is pressed, it unlocks the phone (which i may add is a kick in the pants seeing as i leave my phone in my pocket). The menu button does this same sort of unlock (though otherwise functions normally). Also, the volume rocker doesn't work to turn up the volume. It will only turn down. When i press up, the volume peaks up for a tiny second, then returns to its current volume. If I hold in the volume up, it turns the phone progressively down until it silences it. It doesn't seem like it's a hardware problem, as the buttons actually do things. Anyhow, sorry for the long post. Any help would be appreciated. ~Cheers

Advertisement
  2. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

take it back

3. Half-Mine

Half-Mine Member This Topic's Starter

The thing is, I've had the phone since November'09. It wasn't until maybe February or so that it started acting this way. Also, I bought from Best Buy. Not sure how that affects any warranty or anything.