Faulty phone and problems with Samsung Customer Service UK - Help Needed!Support

Last Updated:

1. starosta

starosta Guest This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,
    My story is quite long, but I wanted to include many of the details so you could imagine the situation I am in. I don

Advertisement
  2. TechGrin

TechGrin Well-Known Member

You just need to keep on at them.

You've got a good amount of information/dates etc, so use these to your advantage and don't accept excuses.

If the handset was returned in a damaged/poor condition then demand a new replacement.

If they try to fob you off with excuses then ask to speak to someone in authority (manager etc). You'd be surprised what the threat of a boss etc getting involved can do to motivate someone!

If that person doesn't help then ask for the name and postal address of someone at director level, once again that can have a huge motivational effect!

And if you have to, fire a letter explaining everything (including dates/names etc) to a director. If they don't reply then you have to write again, and again, until someone responds!

Its all about perseverance!

Good luck!

starosta likes this.
  3. starosta

Thank for suggestions. Rang them again today and get bit more helpful person on the phone. He will look into to the problem why I get the phone in a poor state and will get back to me tomorrow. If it doesn't help I will ask for the info you suggested. I also gone few other ways, wrote to the trader and will do the same to credit card company. Hopefully I will get a proper phone soon. Fingers crossed!

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Sorry to say this but Samsung just don't care about their customers. They're only bothered about the number of phones they shift. Support is not a word they understand.

5. moofychops

moofychops Active Member

Hi,
    I had similar problem with a BB phone, did most of what you did, poor result. Went to 'Trading Standards' who took up the case for me and got a new BB from the main agents here in the Uk.
    Ron

starosta likes this.
  6. starosta

Did you go directly to one of their offices? What did you say to persuade them to take your case? I may try going this way. Maybe they will have more luck :)

7. starosta

I've finally managed to get a replacement phone from Samsung. They authorised the exchange on 15th Nov. They asked me for the three repair reports and when I emailed them they agreed to replace the phone. But it wasn't as easy to finalize as one would hope. They again were delaying everything and it took several phone calls to get it done. But on the Christmas Eve I finally received my brand new phone, my best present this Christmas :)
    But overall the whole Samsung experience was a nightmare.
    Thank you all for help and advice.

8. wobble99

wobble99 Well-Known Member

Glad you have had your problem sorted at last. As a general piece of advice it is better (in the UK) to persue the retailer of a faulty product rather than the manufacturer. Your legal rights are against the retailer and the manufacturer is free to mess you about (which they did).