FAULTY SPEAKERPHONE - If you don't use speakerphone, you might want to check itSupport

Last Updated:

1. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After a couple attempts, I just decided the N1 speakerphone was garbage. I could hear the other person fine, but they said it was very difficult to understand me. I made a recording on my voicemail, using speakerphone, and it is indeed very difficult to understand. It's a garbled/underwater type of thing.

For a couple weeks, I assumed it was just that the phone was designed poorly. But my friend got an N1, so we did some comparisons. His speakerphone sounds fine (not a Nokia, but way better than my N1).

So I'm returning it to HTC for a swap.

This is just a heads-up to people who maybe don't use the speakerphone (those who do, already know if they have a bad one or not). If you think you might someday sell the phone, you probably want all of its features working correctly, and may want to consider RMA.

Advertisement
  2. Gephorian

Gephorian Member

I think it might be a software problem. I was using my speakerphone the other night and my friend claimed that I was using a voice changer... I turned off the speaker and turned it back on, same thing. I turned off the speaker and tried to use the regular setup, and it was still wonky. I had to restart it to make it work again.

3. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was hoping it was a software problem, but restarting isn't solving the problem. If I could avoid swapping out my phone for a new one, and having to reinstall apps and settings, I certainly would...