• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fav app for jogging?

Bringing this thread back to life after finding it in a Google search for inaccurate Endomondo. :D

I started walking on Monday this week and had installed Endomondo free version to track my walk distance, speed, etc. I took the exact same route on Tuesday, except added at least .15 to .2 of a mile and the distance came in at .2 mile LESS than the previous day. I walked the same route Wednesday as I did Tuesday and it seemed to get the distance correct that time by showing .22 mile more. I then added I'm guessing .7 to .8 to my route on Thursday and Endomondo showed an extra mile. Took the exact same route this morning and it showed .5 mile less. It seems to be all over the place with distance. I don't even trust it any more. I see that the reviews for Runkeeper are pretty bad lately for inaccuracy as well. I had a very strong GPS signal with 8-10 satellites when checked with GPS Status, so that's not the issue.

I will add that on Monday through Wednesday, Endomondo was version 7.xx and then I got the update to version 8 on Thursday. I don't even know what app to use now as there seems to be a lot of accuracy issues lately with these two.

Upvote 0
This isn't an app per se, but I don't think it's off-topic. My wife has a MOTOACTV, and it is an excellent device. It's usually spot-on with the dedicated running GPS's others in our group have, it has a great display with big numbers and a lot of customization. Being able to sync to the MOTOACTV android app after a workout is cool too, as it shows more info that the wrist unit. We haven't hit distances that cause battery life to be a problem yet, but that's coming later this fall. We also haven't tried it as an MP3 player.

If you're serious about accuracy I would recommend it. I've stopped running with my phone and just let her tell me our distance and pace. ;-) I think Moto is dropping the price, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones