Faves, anyone?General

Faves on the Galaxy S6 Edge: Feature or gimmick?

1. Useful feature

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Useless gimmick

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Skynet11

Skynet11 Well-Known Member Resource Manager

So one feature peculiar to the Galaxy S6 Edge is the ability to see which of your five favorite contacts is calling you even if your phone is lying face down on the table. You can tell because you can assign a unique color to each of those five favorites and you'll be able to see the curved display light up in that color when you receive the call.
    IMG_0244-e1425235003521-640x342.png IMG_0245-e1425234924227-640x325.png
    What do you think? Useful feature or gimmick?

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Kinda useful, but I never leave my phone lying face down so.....
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Limited usefulness I think, IMO a gimmick. Looks like it works best if it's on a shiny surface and not too much ambient illumination, otherwise probably won't see the reflection. My desk has a matt black surface, in a brightly lit home-office. Like EP, if I leave my phone on a table at any time, it's facing up. Also I've assigned certain ringtones to favourites, so I know who's calling anyway. :)
  4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Geek Moderator

I think it's kind a neat. Whether most people will find it useful or not, it's pretty clear that Samsung put some thought into some of the various ways that the Edge's unique edge could be used to enhance the user experience. :thumbsupdroid:
    mikedt likes this.
  5. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Interesting to see what the protective case designers come up with for this - it seems the long glass edges need to be left exposed...
    codesplice likes this.
  6. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Geek Moderator

Good point. I hadn't thought about that.