• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

I like Any/BetterCut because it allows you to customize your icons and also label your icons whatever you want to...

+1000 for Swype!! :D

AnyCut won't let you customize and label icons though, right?

Also, I couldn't get Swype to install on my MT3G...got a message saying i didn't have the right size screen. :(

How does swype compare to shapewriter? I'm loving shapewriter right now.

Upvote 0
Bonsai blast was removed from the market i think... but i am on the N1, which it may not be supported :mad:. I had it in the MT3g.

as for my fav app(s) I would have to say :

Evernote, great app for keeping track of lists, links and life
dolphin browser.... multi touch browser
weather channel...cool weather widgets
locale (BETA)... settings minder
pdanet.... tether
quickdroid.... search phone for anything
scoreboard.... scores for ( ALL SPORTS )
shopsavy... cool scanner
advance task killer.... keep apps in check
google voice... its google voice.....
and a tons of games, coloroid, bubble burst, iothello, trap, shot, snale, spades, word up.... i could go on...

Did i mention i love the NEXUS ONE... ( not a thread hijack ) :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Two of my latest faves are:
Newsroom - I was previously using FeedR as my RSS reader but this is so much better. The only thing i miss is being able to share articles.

You can share articles from newsroom, when you swipe up and access the full article share will be in the menu options :)

Swype Keyboard
Newsroom- for news feeds, has a trial
More Icons Widget-allows for more on-screen access to apps but takes up less space so you can enjoy your wallpapers. $1.99 or try the more icons free version. I found it to be more than worth the $1.99
Nintaii- Addictive puzzler game, lite version available, full version only $1.99
Apps Organizer- Free, label apps and create shortcuts with custom icons(download icon packs free from Market). Much better than folders imo
Screens- For free wallpapers. I like their selection and UI

These are just a few I like, can't list all 100+ :D

Upvote 0
Life Stories - I was a big fan of the FMyLife app, but Life Stories has FMyLife, FMySexLife, Gives Me Hope, Hate Post, It Made My Day, I Had a Win, My Life is Average, Makes Me Think, My Life is Crap, and Today I LOL'd. Great way to entertain me while I'm bored.

Does anyone know where I can get the life stories? I've searched but no luck.

Upvote 0
The two most recent favorites I have are...

Boxee Remote - Let's you use your android phone to control the Boxee interface. Works very well. Much better than my crappy IR remote that doesn't want to work half the time.

RemoteDroid - My boxee box has Xubuntu installed on it, so if boxee crashes or I just want to quit boxee and use the computer to look something up real fast this allows me to do it without having to find and connect a keyboard and mouse.

Other favorites...

Aldiko - book reader
SportsTap
Shopsavvy -barcode scanning app
Tunewiki - music player

Upvote 0
My favorites are:

locale: Great app! It made my Hero much more smart. It switches to flight mode itself every night at 11pm, and switch back on wifi in the morning. It turn off wifi and become silent everyday when I reach my office or cinema, and it turn sound back on when I am back home. Such a nice app!

Handcent Sms: Best text app in the market.

iReader: .txt version e-book reader. Very easy to set up and use. I choose this over aldiko simply because I have access to a lot of txt version ebooks rather than .epub books. However I did have some issue with the "go to .." function with large txt files over 3M.

Dolphine Browser: Lovethe gesture feature.

My days: The app all girls must have!

Astro player Beta: My fav player app. Although It still has a LOT (really a lot) to improve, there are some features that other player don't have.

iMusic: search and download music for free.

k-9 mail: support IMAP push mail, and is free!

Where is my droid: Very useful app for someone like me. Send a special text message containing "attention words" to your phone, and your phone will ring really aloud even it was at a very low volume or in silent mode to let you know where you left it.

wordup: I am addicted to it now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones