• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

1) Proximity Tool (keeps the screen off on my desire when using bluetooth/wired headset to listen to music and making phone calls)
2) SpringPad (same as Evernote, but works off-line and has a great gui)
3) Calendar Pad
4) NewsRoom (RSS feed reader)
5) MOTONAV (GPS app)
6) IMDB
7) RemoteDroid (remote keyboard + mouse over WIFI)
8) Astro File Manager
9) Google Sky Map
10) GTasks (Google mail tasks)
11) Shush! (set phone to silent/vibrate for a specified amount of time - GREAT!)
12) TxtPad Lite (best notepad, supports utf-8)
13) Zedge (ringtones/wallpapers)
14) Send2Friend (sending contacts via plain sms)
15) aRemote (Plex media server remote)
16) Dropbox (indispensable)

Games:
1) Barrr
2) Homerun Battle 3d
3) Robo Defense
4) Teeter
5) Paper Toss

Upvote 0
I'm new to Android and this forum so hello.

I used to have an iPhone but transitioned to Android for a plethora of reasons that are better discussed in other threads. Anyways, one of my favorite apps on my iPhone was Knocking Live Video and I was a little sad that I wouldn't be able to use it on my HTC Incredible. Or so I thought until I found out that not only does it work on Android but it's cross compatible. It's a live video streaming service designed like a social network. Think Twitter meets a live version of Youtube and you get Knocking Live Video.

I was never a fan of video calling partially because of its general awkwardness. But I find Knocking Live Video and its users garners a different behavior. More of a "look what I'm doing" rather than "look at me."

Anyways, Knocking Live Video, Awesome. Check it out.

Upvote 0
I dont get the point of anycut as htc desire has a shortcut option which you can use for contacts ( mail, phone etc )
The point is that it can provide shortcuts to more things than contact actions. As an example, I used it to make a shortcut to the "Testing" activity, to save having to type *#*#4636#*#* into the dialler.

Upvote 0
Now that Viingo is free, the keyboard is a sweet alternative and has its own voice module. I was riding my bicycle yesterday, pulled out my Desire and pressed message and pressed the voice text and spoke my text and voila, and the keyboard design and color is just right too.

Also like LauncherPro Plus (paid), resizeable widgets!

Reactions: indigon
Upvote 0
swype1.60
gTasks
quadrant standard (to see how my phone runs compared to stock phones :-O)
sms popup
switchpro widget
cashflow free (basic personal finance manager)
pure grid calandar widget (actually, all of the "pure" widgets are awesome and totally worth the buck or 2)

still trying to find any other cool apps i need to check out. i think im gona test a few different browsers out tonight and see if i find one i like better then the stock browser..

Reactions: wct097
Upvote 0
Hi, first post, although I have been reading the site for a while now.

My fave apps on my Desire at the moment are:

LauncherPro - Home Screen Replacement

Dolphin Browser HD - Browser Replacement

Extended Controls - Widget for quick switching of things like WiFi, GPS etc

Multicon - Widget that creates more icon/ shortcuts than normal home screen

QuickDesk - A brilliant app that opens a screen over what you are looking at on the phone without exiting the main screen.

And my fave live wallpaper has to be EarthRot using the Deathstar2

:)

Edit: Oh and actually lets not forget Beautiful Widgets!

Upvote 0
does anybody know of a camera app that has a landscape feature where it takes multiple pictures and sticks them together to make a landscape?

The iphone has a great app for this. Also my old samsung phone has a basic version of this, where you take 3 pictures in a row and it merges them together to make a long landscape picture.

hopefully there is one?
Stock camera app can do this, after you start app, click left hard key, press picture mode, panaramic assist comes up.

Upvote 0
does anybody know of a camera app that has a landscape feature where it takes multiple pictures and sticks them together to make a landscape?

The iphone has a great app for this. Also my old samsung phone has a basic version of this, where you take 3 pictures in a row and it merges them together to make a long landscape picture.

hopefully there is one?
Stock camera app can do this, after opening camera, click left hard key (menu), press picture modes, you will see panoramic assist

Upvote 0
Has anyone else found that SwitchPro Widget slows their homescreen performance and reduces battery life as well? I bought it on Thursday, and even with my extended battery I was barely making 8-9 hours until dead. After uninstalling it my performance is back up again, though I haven't had a chance to test the battery life again in real world usage. It's a shame. I didn't even mind the cost, it was a nice widget set that replaced a few others and the Moto flashlight app for me.

I shot the developer an email, hopefully he'll figure it out. In the meanwhile does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative?

Upvote 0
I just bought Album Art Finder because it was the only thing I could find that would let me add my own images to MP3 tags on the phone, I have friends post live MP3s and my Captivate will automagically add the most whacked images to the files, seemingly randomly, so this was a necessity to keep me sane. Anyhow, works well for me but you have to crop the images to a square first or they are all stretched weird.

Album Cover/Art Finder - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones