1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

1. knock

knock Member

Google Skymap has got to be the coolest app I have ever used. Hold it up to the sky and it has the stars and planets labeled as you see them.

TouchDown works great as an Exchange/Active Sync program (way better than the OS email/exchange app.)

I know it is part of the new OS, but the Google Maps Navigation is also really slick. I just got a MotoDroid along with the car cradle and I just drop it in touch the voice search button and say "navigate to Piggly Wiggly" (grocery store) and it brings it up on a map for me to verify the destination, then I can select navigate and it starts mapping and telling me how to get there. It even reroutes as soon as it realizes that you have strayed from the original route and when you arrive, it switches automatically to street view so you can compare your surroundings to a 360 degree on-screen view.
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

3. amuse

amuse Member

Great news, we updated ShopSavvy over the weekend and it is now supporting both the Verizon Droid and Android 2.0. The fix means ShopSavvy works almost as well on the Droid as it does on the HTC devices. Once Motorola updates their camera firmware it should work perfectly.

We recognize that as more and more phones are released ShopSavvy (and any app that scans a barcode) will need to be tweaked to accommodate different frame rates and focal lengths. We have decided to port our iPhone scanning library (i.e. allowing for blurry barcode scanning) to Android. Once we update ShopSavvy to include 'meatloaf' (this is the name of our scanning software) it should work on ANY Android phone that has a camera (knock on wood).

Anyway, enjoy ShopSavvy on your Droid - I am...
  4. dkaufman1

I am not a ShopSavvy user so why the comment then?

Well I like to pass on good stories. I was in a toy store this weekend and a man was jumping around like Will Ferrell in Elf, giddy with excitement.

The first thing I noticed after I looked past his tights (jk) was his android phone. Cool I thought. Then I realized he was using a scanning app to scan prices and commenting to his wife about each item he was scanning.

She finally said to him, "that's a cool app but we really don't need all these great buys."

He replied, "I know, but ShopSavvy is the coolest app in the world, I love it. I just love it."

I smiled.

I had no idea you hung out on AF and hope your team is inspired by this funny but true story. Elf 2, product placement opportunity anyone? Keep up the great work!
  5. amuse

amuse Member

Thanks fort he story - too bad you didn't get him on video!

6. jackbandit

jackbandit New Member

www.zedge.net has a cool new app for the android. it's my favorite so far
  7. dkaufman1

Wrong generation. It never even crossed my mind to pull out my G1 and nab him in action.
  8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i cant find shapewriter anywhere
  9. Darkrdroid

Darkrdroid New Member

DockRunner for the Motorola Droid is great. Enables you to use the Alarm Clock mode without spending the $30 on the docking station.
  10. Spectral

Spectral Member

Searched real quickly through here and I saw some posts on SMS Pop Up....The best app I have downloaded so far that has gotten the most use is Handcent SMS. By far the BEST add text app out there for the Android phones.
  11. Absolut Zero

Absolut Zero Member

Thanks for this, just downloaded it, this is perfect for road trips and stuff.
  12. Caddyman

backgrounds - easy app to get new walls for your homescreen and lock screen - free
    picsay - camera picture editor, easy to use, full featured - free
    robo defender - fun addicting game like defend the castle - free version
  13. stoggy

stoggy Active Member

barcode scanner - scans barcodes and searches internet for stuff.
    connectbot - ssh shell
    astro - file manager
    Akg2016 and mslfairy like this.
  14. droidfanboy

droidfanboy Active Member

for me it would have to be "listen" since i love listening to the androidguys podcast while driving home.
  15. dannydoes

dannydoes Active Member

I don't see bonsai blast in the app store... how to you obtain?
  16. Caddyman

i see it, maybe they pulled it for the droid?
  17. dannydoes

dannydoes Active Member

which phone do you have Shannigans? I'm wondering if anycut will be good on the droid.
  18. dkaufman1

Looked on androlib.com and could not find this app.
  19. Teezy

Teezy Well-Known Member

dont have my droid yet but what would happen if you had CHomp SMS and Handcent SMS both on your phone? Does it cause a problem?
  20. phwaap

phwaap Well-Known Member

I haven't been particularly impressed by most of default apps or the more popular market apps. Most are missing one feature or another compared to their non-mobile counterparts. However, one app that continues to impress is Google Sky Map. Standing out in the back yard having a beer and being able to figure out which planet you're looking at instantly is just awesome.
    NightTrainLayne likes this.
  21. james1971

james1971 Member

im liking the shopsavvy barcode scanner myself.
  22. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

You would just get notifications from both unless you disabled one of them. I personally like Handcent better.

My most used app is Bar Control. Bar Control allows you to put links to apps in the notification bar (status bar). This allows you to switch to your most used apps quicker without going to the home screen.
    Bar Control v1.1.0 Application for Android | Tools
  23. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Bar Control- Bar Control allows you to put links to apps in the notification bar (status bar). This allows you to switch to your most used apps quicker without going to the home screen.
  24. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member

Handcent... Absolutely amazing for text messages.
  25. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

I agree.. frequent updates, allows texting to groups, recent and whole contacts list as you browse.

Many other tweaks too... like changing freq and color of led etc.

voice to text.

Also allow long texts and puts in 160 character clumps and then sends whole message seamlessly.