• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Best Parking is a great app! It's free, and I've used it to save when I drive into NYC. The green locations on the map are updated daily and where I park most since the info's best. $10 to garage park in mid-town while visiting the Waldorff-Astoria is tough to beat without it being street parking.

Last time I street parked, I got banged for a ticket. There were 6 different signs on the street, and they gave conflicting information. I even asked a cop who couldn't or wouldn't say. NYC meter Peter came along about 20 mins after I parked in what looked to be a metered parking zone. It wasn't after certain "special" hours that had been recently added by one of the 6 signs - whatever.

Any way, BP works great off your current location or if you type in a specific address or neighborhood. It catches hourly specials (if the garage posts them online) based on the time and date you put in.

I hope BP adds more cities, but it's nice for the major metros they have right now.

Upvote 0
I'll say my favorite is easymoney. It's one of the earliest app I installed and it allows me to keep track of my expenses and incomes so I can avoid spending all my money before my paycheck is in. It also has a bill reminder function which helps to remind me of some bills that I can't afford to be late for payment. Oh, and there is also a widget which allows for fast input of transactions and I can't fault this app for updating pretty regularly.

Upvote 0
The Elements - Android app on AppBrain

The Elements was modeled off the Falling Sand Game/Powder Game. You can place particles of different elements, such as sand, water, and plant to set up and run whatever situations you want similar to a powerful sandbox simulator.

screen
screen

Upvote 0
No offense to you, but BOOOO!!!! To hell with Locale!

After using Locale for about 7 months, and getting suckered in to buying plugin after plugin after plugin... I switched over to Tasker and have been able to do EVERYTHING that Locale can do, and more!

TASKER FTW!

Say It man

Reactions: CriticalCritic
Upvote 0
No offense to you, but BOOOO!!!! To hell with Locale!

After using Locale for about 7 months, and getting suckered in to buying plugin after plugin after plugin... I switched over to Tasker and have been able to do EVERYTHING that Locale can do, and more!

TASKER FTW!

+1for Tasker

Reactions: CriticalCritic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones