Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Last Updated:

1. bellz123

bellz123 Member

I had an iphone before and so I sorta just re-looked for most that were on my iphone

My most used apps are:
    Skype (even tho it is a bit crap on the htc desire in comp 2 to the iphone)
    Google Maps (obviously)
    BA app - fantastic
    AK Notepad
    Journey Pro (amazing for London)

others are:
    Cam Scanner
    CloudPrint (keeps on not working for me but if it would work,it would be great....)
    Around me
    XE currency
    Convert Pad
    Astro (don't really understand it but I think it does the job)
    UrbanSpoon (not really great in London/UK)
    SBB Mobile (this is a fantastic app but only relevant if you travel in Switz)
    Amazon Kindle (again it seemed to work better on the iphone)
    and various others

What I would like is an android version of
    Boris Bikes
    A good first aid/emergency free app (altho I do have the us army guide thing which is cool)
    Waitrose app (I've got Ocado but still like the recipes on the Waitrose one)
    A British Birds Lite
    Doodle Premium style app

As I am fairly new to android phones I don't really know what Launcher Pro etc. are for ... but given the lots of recommendations I will try to check them out.

I'd also like an app that let me know how many mbs I am using as I am using them (a widget I guess) so that when I am abroad I don't go over my 25mb limit. Vodafone send a text informing when one is close to the limit --- so there is obviously a way to calculate it --- I wish there was an app that would do that for me. So when I am using an app/Skype or the Internet or Google maps abroad a little counter could show the megabytes being used as I am using them. That would useful too.

And lastly as I keep on getting this "low Phone Storage" notification --- why isn't there an app that will manage that? App2sd is very good at clearing caches and moving things to the sd card but there is presumably a whole lot of other stuff taking up space on my phone --- I don't know what the **** it is.... and even if I did know, I don't know how to move it or compress it or whether I have duplicates of files that I can delete or whatever it is I am supposed to do to keep the $%

daz_2000 likes this.
  2. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I gotta get Tasker one of these days, I have ideas for its use.
  3. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

You should ASAP.
    It's not that it's my favorite app. Tasker is just plainly the best Android app. Period. No arguments will be accepted on the issue.:p
  4. cosmo115

cosmo115 Active Member

I found Tasker to have such a steep learning curve and I'm usually good with these kinds of things. :eek:
  5. sheli21

sheli21 New Member

Yes Bonsai Blast is far too addicting. I need extra power for it
  6. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

aggreed i love it on xoom
  7. bellz123

bellz123 Member

I am just gonna add one more - its not a useful work or money saving app but it is great : birds UK by crispythinking. So fab at this time of the year ... has the most common UK birds with picture, blurb and song. V cool if u r out in the park and want to be able to tell a bluetit from a bullfinch etc....:)
    jaybo1973 and dalesponyrider like this.
  8. blkbeltkid17

thats different
  9. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Chrome to Phone!
  10. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Combined with Android2Cloud...I use them both a lot!
  11. Roze

What is android2cloud? Is it something like dropbox?
  12. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar w/Dropbox (I know, I know).
    It's like a reverse of Chrome to phone, it sends links from your phone to Chrome. It works really well and it's great to turn your laptop on and have web pages you sent waiting for you!
    This reminds me, I need to donate/buy the paid app...
  13. blkbeltkid17

+1 i am gonna go get this
  14. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Soundhound and Shazam are probably the ones i use the most, as for a favorite, ill have to think on that one. hmmmmmmmmmmm
  15. Sombre

Sombre Well-Known Member

Shameless ;)

I'll download it and give it a go.

Edit Wow, this is a really neat APP. If more people use it I can see it becoming incredibly useful.
    rosemark0206 likes this.
  16. blkbeltkid17

what is it extley ?
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

18. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

19. bellz123

bellz123 Member

I gotta also recommend this 'shush' app that I read about further up ... I downloaded it and I use it all the time now, as I am prone to forget to turn my ringer on again (much to the annoyance of most of my family and friends) so this works GREAT.

I use it every time I put my phone on silent now... thanks!
    dheymann, Sak01 and yadda yadda like this.
  20. Roze

Is this a drop box feature? :confused:
  21. Madmaxx

Madmaxx New Member

Im really enjoying the xiia live app. Its free internet streaming radio. Also you can manually add your own streams from any internet site. Plays almost any audio streaming format too ! also works as an alternative mp3 player.
    I usually use TuneWiki to play my mp3's :)

Verizon 4G Thunderbolt
  22. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Full HDMI (the one with the green icon, works with the Evo only).

I don't know how long this has been out, but I am thrilled to finally have a single simple app that puts my phone's home screen (and whatever else i might have on my screen) ON MY TV! The HDMI out is finally useful for everything that I always wanted to use it for!

There are apparently two different authors on the market with Full HDMI apps (And both have a paid and free version). I couldn't get the one with the black icon to work... and I'm still trying to get sound to work with the one with the green icon. But the green icon one is working beautifully with the screen, which is GREAT so far! Once I get sound working I am going to buy this app!:D
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

24. blkbeltkid17

25. Roze