• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Amazon Free app...I live by alot of schools and can't believe how many
live just blocks away.

Isn't there a law requiring that they can't live near schools ?

Amazon.com: Find Sex Offenders for Free!: Appstore for Android
Product Features

• Know your family is safe from sex offenders
  • Search the U.S. database of sex offenders
  • Discover the location and view a profile for offenders in your area

Product Description
Know whether your family is safe from sex offenders with Find Sex Offenders for Free. Free the Apps has created an application to help keep your family safe by knowing who lives in your community. Stay knowledgeable. Stay safe.

Find Sex Offenders pulls data from a database of registered sex offenders in all 50 states and displays them by location. Press "Use current location" and the application will use the built-in GPS to map the location of every offender in your area with a detailed profile. You can also search by using your saved contacts or by manually inputting an address.

- U.S. database of sex offenders
- No limits on search results
- No limits on number of uses per day
- Use GPS function to find registered offenders in close proximity
- Map all offenders in the selected area
- Map selected offender

Upvote 0
Amazon Free app...I live by alot of schools and can't believe how many
live just blocks away.

Isn't there a law requiring that they can't live near schools ?

Amazon.com: Find Sex Offenders for Free!: Appstore for Android
Product Features

• Know your family is safe from sex offenders
  • Search the U.S. database of sex offenders
  • Discover the location and view a profile for offenders in your area

Product Description
Know whether your family is safe from sex offenders with Find Sex Offenders for Free. Free the Apps has created an application to help keep your family safe by knowing who lives in your community. Stay knowledgeable. Stay safe.

Find Sex Offenders pulls data from a database of registered sex offenders in all 50 states and displays them by location. Press "Use current location" and the application will use the built-in GPS to map the location of every offender in your area with a detailed profile. You can also search by using your saved contacts or by manually inputting an address.

- U.S. database of sex offenders
- No limits on search results
- No limits on number of uses per day
- Use GPS function to find registered offenders in close proximity
- Map all offenders in the selected area
- Map selected offender

Hummmm ok. ...

Upvote 0
Does anyone know of an app that will read a page aloud, a webpage. email, basically anything that is open on your screen at the time? Something that i can control through a shortcut or widget?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
riskaa

hummm sorry not that i know of... there has to be something for that is out there because the blind users would probably be using this

Upvote 0
I found this program the other day that I REALLY like. It's called Folder Organizer. It's basically a 3rd party desktop folder application with TONS of sorting features. Worth checking out.

Full QR:
img.php

Lite QR:
img.php

(Needless to say, I'm also a fan of ShopSavvy now that I have a phone that can do QR codes. :p)

Sound Hound takes longer to find a song and uses much more resources to do so.

I think you have that backwards.... Soundhound works MUCH faster than Shazam for me. I have no idea how the resources compare. Soundhound is also able to go off humming and what not, so if you have a song stuck in your head and don't know what it's called, it can help you figure it out. Shazam cannot.

Upvote 0
One thing I don't use/don't get all the hype and fuss about...

SMS drop-ins. At one point or another since I've had my Optimus S, I've installed GoSMS, ChompSMS and Hancent and I just don't get the hype. If I wanted my text conversations to look like I were having them on an iPhone, I'd buy an iPhone. The standard Android 2.2 messaging app works just fine, in fact, I actually prefer it's predictive text to any of the 3rd party ones I tried.

The thing I like about Handcent is that new texts appear and can be replied to through the lock screen.

Upvote 0
The best thing I picked up from this thread is No Lock. The icon is a Master-lock. It sits on my home screen.

No Lock enabled prevents the phone from locking. This is great at home, office where I check things a lot but don't worry about accidental key presses. I hate having to go through the slide-to-unlock routine every time I want to check a score, email, whatever.

Reactions: Lowrider1
Upvote 0
Pips - Handy reminder beep at top of the hour, configurable tones and times...

Cheers for this suggestion.

Handy is right! Perfect for driving and you want to make sure you don't miss the top of the hour news on the radio; sometimes [when driving or whatever] you might be listening to a podcast and loose track of time:)

One of the simplest, but must have apps to have....IMO.

Upvote 0
*** Note: if you are not aware of it ALL paid Apps in the market can be purchased and then, if you are not satisfied, you will be AUTOMATICALLY refunded if you uninstall within 24 hours of your purchase.

Cheers all

:)

I came across one that will only give a refund if un-installed within 15 minutes!!

It's called Karaoke a-Go-Go

Actually this is one of my favourite paid apps and does what it says.

I also like:

You Version; best Bible app I have seen so far.

Tricorder........trekkies will know what this is.

No Lock......works perfectly.

Scanner Radio......I am here in Co Tipperary Ireland yet can listen to police chatter all over the world. I find I listen a lot to what's happening in NYC. Busy place....:)

Evernote. To me this is invaluable and syncs perfectly with the version on my laptop. For those who don't know it helps organise everything and anything that can be written down.

I have more but I'd only be repeating many of the cool apps already mentioned in this great thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones