Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Last Updated: 2015-04-01 02:21:10
  1. AntiTrolla

AntiTrolla Active Member

Wow! completely wron thread... Sorry!

Advertisement
  2. czervik

czervik Member

I'm really liking TuneIn Radio. It seems to have pretty much every AM and FM radio station, at least every local one I checked. I connect my LG Revolution to my clock radio via the headphone jack for better sound and sleep functionality. So now I can fall asleep listening to stations I can't pick up otherwise :)
  3. wafa510

wafa510 Well-Known Member

Thanks again! Now I have to pick one of the launchers and get to work! Decisions, decisions!!! :)
  4. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

try launcher pro
  5. droidros

droidros Well-Known Member

Maybe this is a stupid question -- but how do you update Swype? Does it update automatically? I can't find it on the market. I have version 1.64.... what is the latest version?
    Droid X
    :confused:
  6. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

You have to register for the beta. Then you will download the Swype installer app that will authenticate, license and install the newest version of Swype on your phone. Just follow all the directions they give you after you register and you will be good to go. I just updated a couple weeks ago with v.3+ launched and I have Version 3.5.83.26516.t100.26525 on my Droid (found in settings > Language & Keyboard > Swype settings *scroll to bottom*).
  7. therocketdude

therocketdude New Member

My Favourite app till now is
    Pho.to
  8. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

You also have to be rooted if Swype is already on your phone.

9. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

What do you mean by this? Do we have to uninstall the stock version of swype to get this new version to work?
  10. droidros

droidros Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info, but I was not able to get this to work. First, I was unable to uninstall the preinstalled version. Then, I did register and downloaded the Swype Installer, but when I tried to run it it would give me an error message about Swype not being properly license and directions on how to fix it, which didn't work. I searched for this error message and others reported the same problem but I didn't see any solution.

I have an unrooted Droid X.

11. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

You have to be rooted from what I've read. You can't uninstall stock Swype unless rooted, you can't instal new Swype unless old one is gone.

From Swype site: If your phone came pre-installed with Swype
    DO NOT download this beta (it won't work)"

12. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

I can say one thing you do not have to be rooted to have swype I know that for a fact I am on a stock inc2 with swype
  13. cableguynoe

We're talking about devices that came with swype, but now trying to get this new version installed.

Thanks. I'm going to try to freeze my stock swype then install this new one. Hopefully this works.

I actually stopped using swype months ago. I've been using Slide it. I find it to be more accurate. But i am curious to try this new version
  14. blkbeltkid17

If the new version is wanted just sign up for the beta and bam new swype lol and if I an not mistaken the betas is open
  15. HankAtrix

HankAtrix Well-Known Member

My favorite app is ATK but I use about 100 on my phone.
  16. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

100 apps? :/ I hope you're not autokilling apps. You really don't need a task killer.

If you haven't seen the arguments against why you don't need a task killer on your phone (especially to auto kill)

Lowrider1, ardchoille and cableguynoe like this.
  17. blkbeltkid17

Couldn't gave said it better roze
  18. cableguynoe

Oh no he didnt!!!! [​IMG]
  19. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member

Have you checked out Watchdog? It alerts you if something is misbehaving so you'll know what program or process it was and lets you decide whether or not to kill it.
  20. blkbeltkid17

I have tried that but like lookout more
  21. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member

They're completely different programs and perform different functions. Watchdog is used to alert you when a background app gets out of control and allows you to kill just that single app. Lookout is an antivirus
  22. HankAtrix

HankAtrix Well-Known Member

Lookout is a great program: it does 3 things very well:
    Antivirus
    Help finding your phone if it is lost or stolen
    Backups (if you buy the full version you can backup all of your photos and data)
  23. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

Auto App Organizer has replaced Simi Folder and Folder Organizer for me.

It's great at automatically placing new apps in the correct folder but even when it misses, it keeps a list of the new ones in a Newbie folder which I can sort out at my leisure.
  24. Liquid_Chaos87

Liquid_Chaos87 New Member

Favorite apps so far are:

aCar
    Advanced Locker (Screen Lock)
    Battery Solo Widget
    Mouse Trap (game)
    Shazam
    Traffic Control (game)