• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Yes, you can :) You can do whatever you want to. That's the beauty of Android.

That thread should give you ideas for icons and widgets :) some of those guys are just way too creative but you can take and pick what you like about their home screens ;)

Thanks again! Now I have to pick one of the launchers and get to work! Decisions, decisions!!! :)

Upvote 0
Maybe this is a stupid question -- but how do you update Swype? Does it update automatically? I can't find it on the market. I have version 1.64.... what is the latest version?
Droid X
:thinking:

You have to register for the beta. Then you will download the Swype installer app that will authenticate, license and install the newest version of Swype on your phone. Just follow all the directions they give you after you register and you will be good to go. I just updated a couple weeks ago with v.3+ launched and I have Version 3.5.83.26516.t100.26525 on my Droid (found in settings > Language & Keyboard > Swype settings *scroll to bottom*).

Upvote 0
You also have to be rooted if Swype is already on your phone.

You have to register for the beta. Then you will download the Swype installer app that will authenticate, license and install the newest version of Swype on your phone. Just follow all the directions they give you after you register and you will be good to go. I just updated a couple weeks ago with v.3+ launched and I have Version 3.5.83.26516.t100.26525 on my Droid (found in settings > Language & Keyboard > Swype settings *scroll to bottom*).

Upvote 0

Thank you for the info, but I was not able to get this to work. First, I was unable to uninstall the preinstalled version. Then, I did register and downloaded the Swype Installer, but when I tried to run it it would give me an error message about Swype not being properly license and directions on how to fix it, which didn't work. I searched for this error message and others reported the same problem but I didn't see any solution.

I have an unrooted Droid X.

You also have to be rooted if Swype is already on your phone.

What do you mean by this? Do we have to uninstall the stock version of swype to get this new version to work?

Upvote 0
You have to be rooted from what I've read. You can't uninstall stock Swype unless rooted, you can't instal new Swype unless old one is gone.

From Swype site: If your phone came pre-installed with Swype
DO NOT download this beta (it won't work)"

Thank you for the info, but I was not able to get this to work. First, I was unable to uninstall the preinstalled version. Then, I did register and downloaded the Swype Installer, but when I tried to run it it would give me an error message about Swype not being properly license and directions on how to fix it, which didn't work. I searched for this error message and others reported the same problem but I didn't see any solution.

I have an unrooted Droid X.

Upvote 0
I can say one thing you do not have to be rooted to have swype I know that for a fact I am on a stock inc2 with swype

We're talking about devices that came with swype, but now trying to get this new version installed.

You have to be rooted from what I've read. You can't uninstall stock Swype unless rooted, you can't instal new Swype unless old one is gone.

From Swype site: If your phone came pre-installed with Swype
DO NOT download this beta (it won't work)"

Thanks. I'm going to try to freeze my stock swype then install this new one. Hopefully this works.

I actually stopped using swype months ago. I've been using Slide it. I find it to be more accurate. But i am curious to try this new version

Upvote 0
We're talking about devices that came with swype, but now trying to get this new version installed.

Thanks. I'm going to try to freeze my stock swype then install this new one. Hopefully this works.

I actually stopped using swype months ago. I've been using Slide it. I find it to be more accurate. But i am curious to try this new version

If the new version is wanted just sign up for the beta and bam new swype lol and if I an not mistaken the betas is open

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My favorite app is ATK but I use about 100 on my phone.

Oh no he didnt!!!!
runaway.gif

Upvote 0
World Newspapers ~ misleading app name in it's functionability. Gives the choice to read newspapers all around the globe, your local ones in your town, the national ones like usa today

Also the way the UI is set up kinda hard to read but if you look closely there is a magazine link, I am reading Men's Health and other mags on this thing. Kind of all in one news app for me.

Nice feature is the favorites button although it's been buggy on me, not doing saves next time I log in. Free, so I don't complain.

Wp Clock ~ I sucked it up and paid for this app, lots of customization like changing the colors of your clock. The real winner for me was the scrolling wallpapers/backgrounds slideshow, this is my desktop for my phone. Now if i could just find the right sliding bar app to quick assess apps I'm golden =D

Bellman~ Who doesn't like your own personal bellman to tell you every half hour and top of the hour. can change time range for sleep, not sure if it is quiet on silent haven't tried it out yet on silent. Thanks bellman!

Reactions: tcat007
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones