• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

I know it sounds like heresy considering we're stuck with the Blockbuster app, but after looking at the Blockbuster site, I'm really tempted. They aren't any more expensive than Netflix since their pricing increase, they have newer movies and have them sooner and I can download a movie to my phone and watch it later rather than using my data by streaming it. I can also still leave the updating off and just update when I want to look for a movie.
Okay, I'm ready for the flames, just been wondering if anyone else had checked it out and had any thoughts.

Upvote 0
I use the Navigation app that came with the TBolt. I believe it uses Google maps, but it just seems easier for me to use. I can just use speech to text to say the name of the restaurant, business, or address that I want to go to and it automatically finds it and gives me the turn by turn directions. So far it has been very accurate and also very fast to reroute if I decide to deviate. Plus it's free. I have never used Garmin, so I don't know how it compares, but I haven't felt the need to look for anything better.
One thing I thought was cool the first time I used it, was that when I arrived at my destination, it displayed a photo of it. Also, recently I was trying to go to a house address and I had the wrong address and the Navigation app took me to the right address anyway because the one I had didn't exist. Scary.

Upvote 0
I'm the only one here so far that has legitimate reason to not like truckers - but I won't punish them all for the stupidity of a few.

My favorite app list now includes Launcher Pro and Desktop Visualizer

A legit reason not to like truckers?? Damn how I love stereotypes, I see how you said you won't punish for the stupidity of a few, but from what I have learned since I have been on the road is, we all are as different as night and day. I hate being shoved into that group idea that the general public has of us.

Upvote 0
A legit reason not to like truckers?? Damn how I love stereotypes, I see how you said you won't punish for the stupidity of a few, but from what I have learned since I have been on the road is, we all are as different as night and day. I hate being shoved into that group idea that the general public has of us.

My apologies sir, I shouldn't lump you all together. I know that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones