• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite backup program

Smug rooters. :) Titanium Backup requires device be rooted. Its feature that I cover is application dara backup.

Someday my root will come and in the meantime... some devs provide menu option to export configs/settings to SD card. This can be a great thing.

I use ASTRO to back up applications themselves. On occasion, I want to keep multiple versions and I use SystemPanel for this.

I use Sprite Backup, which I think is similar to My Backup Pro. You can store backups on SD card, internal storage, external server, & they've recently added DropBox integration, which I haven't played with yet.

While both can be done with Sprite, I started with Call Log Backup & Restore and SMS B&R (same dev) and choose to continue using them.

I was too chicken you-know-what to test any of the above but had to do a data wipe a while back, & all worked just as hoped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones