Ya of course I remember CHIPS!

I also remember Emergency 51....

"Rampart....this the base...code 8 at location 3 for a code 28"
  3. LilacBleeds

LilacBleeds Well-Known Member

Sue Thomas F.B.Eye
  4. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

I agree with Firefly and Eli Stone -- though the quality of Eli wasn't as good most of the second season. I'll add Studio 60 of the Sunset Strip and Sports Night -- Sorkin is a master.
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

I came into this thread with one thing in mind... post about Life. (i see you beat me to it)

one of the BEST cancelled shows of ALL-TIME
  6. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

Arrested Development and Firefly are two of my all time favorite shows. Others that got cancelled too soon: Better Off Ted, The IT Crowd, Caprica, Awake, Spaced, Farscape, Lie to Me, Dollhouse.
  7. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

The pretender and the profiler were good shows back to back on Saturday nights
  8. tube517

9. mogelijk

I'm guessing you mean Emergency!, which was set in LAFD Station 51. I don't think either of your choices meet the criteria of the OP, which asked for peoples' favorite "short lived" series. And with both CHiPs and Emergency! lasting 6 seasons, it is hard to think of either as short lived.

And those are pretty easy to remember, since I can remember "My Mother the Car" (1965). ;)
  10. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

Firefly
    We also really liked Terriers and it was only on for one season. But nothing measures up to Firefly.
  11. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Life

What a plot! Too bad Sarah Shahi left the show. The first season was magical.

Simon Baker's first US TV series, "The Guardian" was a pretty good one too.

"The Good Guys" was the ultimate buddy cop show. Too over the top for conservative Americans who just didn't get it. Pity.
  12. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

A long, long time ago. The Rat Patrol.
  13. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

I used to love it as a kid. A local "dot 2" TV channel shows it on weekdays. Good times!
  14. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

As per yesterday, Eureka.....gonna miss it!
  15. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Eureka has run final episodes before. And it keeps coming back with new episodes.
  16. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Except this time Syfy canned them. This final is final.
  17. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Like Futurama? :hahaha: j/k

Probably a Good Thing. The show lost something when Max Headroom and the teenage daughter faded from the plot. The show as it is is nice, but I wouldn't wage a campaign to get it back.

So long, and thanks for all the mods to my Crown Vic
  18. MacFett

The difference is an animated show doesn't have sets that are torn down and destroyed. Chances are everything for an animated show are in a thumbdrive.
  19. mogelijk

For some reason, this led me to think about "Defying Gravity" -- was a great TV show that ran as a summer replacement and ABC didn't support at all. Of course, part of the problem is that it was marketed as "Grey's Anatomy in space".

What reminded me is that there was some hope, prior to the sets being destroyed, that SyFy or another cable channel would pick it up.
  20. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Don't be silly. Futurama is stored safely in year 3000. Everyone knows that... ;)
  21. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Showing my age (and nationality) here:

Blakes Seven
    Sapphire and Steel
    Hammer House of Horror
    The Tomorrow People
  22. MacFett

Talking with my wife tonight I was reminded of two others I don't think have been mentioned, Werewolf (FOX, ran around the time of 21 Jump Street) and Kindred: The Embraced.
  23. tube517

Our local channels used to show this late Saturday night. I loved that show
  24. tube517

Jay Mohr's show "Gary Unmarried".
  25. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

I would strongly recommend Lie to Me, which was definitely canceled prematurely. It's on Netflix. :)