Favorite Guilty Pleasure on TV

1. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Interested in shows people watch, knowing full well you're just wallpapering the brain but you watch nonetheless...

... I'm gonna start with Hardcore Pawn, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and D.U.I.

Advertisement
  2. cmybliss

cmybliss Well-Known Member

There are soooooo many! Off the top of my head:

True Blood (same can be said of the books)
    Big Brother
    Survivor
    After the Runway (Project Runway after show)
    Tabithha's Salon Takeover

Love this thread idea:D
  3. JiggyFly2o89

JiggyFly2o89 Active Member

Oh, this will be interesting! Mine would be Chopped from the Food Network and Pawn Stars. Yes!
  4. Rachel A

Another one to add to the list - Bait Car. I do so love watching incredibly stupid criminals... ;)
    9to5cynic likes this.
  5. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

LOL Bait Car is funny.
  6. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

+1 for Pawn Stars. Watching people sell and buy stuff. LOL
  7. Rachel A

A line in the sand has been drawn - and it's name is 'Here comes Honey Boo-Boo'.

Think this may be the televisual equivalent of a large dose of morphine... Though nowhere close to as pleasurable - nor as easily recoverable.
  8. cmybliss

cmybliss Well-Known Member

Bait car! Hysterical!

Add Face/Off to my list.
  9. ebusinesstutor

ebusinesstutor Well-Known Member

Toddlers and Tiaras is just child abuse...
  10. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

Umm, I just turn on the TV and let the brain start rotting...
  11. Rachel A

I dunno - there is good TV out there. For drama shows like The Wire on HBO. NatGeo got BBC's Frozen Planet to name but 2.
  12. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

My no-brainer "almost hate to admit I watch this" would be World's Dumbest X on TruTV, or World's Worst Tenants on Spike. I also do watch Hoarders and Hoarding: Buried Alive, those being motivation to stay on top of cleaning and organizing :).

I do watch some stuff that doesn't qualify as "watching a train wreck to feel better about my own life, since I'm nowhere near qualifying for this show", honest! :)
  13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Dawson's Creek is my latest favorite. :)
  14. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

^^I'm a little disappointed TBH.

Mrs Presidente got into Awkward last season and unfortunately, so did I. :eek:
  15. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Gold Rush on Discovery Channel. Those guys are just morons, especially the older guy Jack.
  16. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Those "I Heart the 70s/80s/90s" marathons on vh1 are pretty addictive and mindless.
    Embarrassed to say I used to like watching Cheaters, but it always made me tense up, like it was happening to me lol.
    cleanmop3 likes this.
  17. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Bunheads. It's so corny but I can't help but love it.
  18. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I hate myself when I'm flipping through the channels and can't help myself from stopping and watching the human train wrecks on 16 & Pregnant/Teen Mom.
    cleanmop3 likes this.
  19. Seanette

Great idea, let's glamorize getting pregnant way before you're ready to be a parent by saying "hey, get knocked up in high school and you can be on TV and get famous!"
  20. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Hey, I said I hate myself for watching it lol! But their lives don't seem very glamorous to me, more of a cautionary tale if anything. Unfortunately, judging by the fact Jerry Springer still finds enough "people" willing to degrade themselves on his show to fill five shows a week, some people don't see things that way.
  21. Seanette

Most audience members in that age range will only see the "get famous by being on TV" part and be oh-so-sure that problems happen to everyone else, but won't to special little them.
  22. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

That's true. I vaguely remember those days. The beauty and the curse of being a teenager.
  23. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Call of the Wildman aka Turtleman :turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle:
  24. cleanmop3

cleanmop3 Well-Known Member

What I watch at times is highly embarrassing, so I will only give you a couple. Teen mom/16 and pregnant (I like cussing at the tv) and big Ang (I like watching cigarette butts and ashes fly from her mouth as she speaks).
  25. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

I love how they all say the same thing, "they ask me to move it for them". LOL!!!