Favorite Home Replacement / Launcher

1. beachhead

beachhead Member

What Home replacements / launchers are you digging?

My favorites...

*Spark - unique, vertical scrolling, update fbook & twitter status, live sports scores

LauncherPro - simple, smooth, slick 3d app tray

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. AstronautROB

AstronautROB Well-Known Member

not another fav launcher thread....
  3. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

ADW Ex Launcher...
    Very powerful and just as robust as LPP! Has many fun features and gesture actions. I have had ADW for awhile now, when this came out I tried it and NEVER looked back. Its in the market and is fun to toy around with, I think you should give this a try :)
    beachhead likes this.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

5. beachhead

beachhead Member

I'll check out ADW, haven't toyed around w/ it yet.

I'm set on *Spark right now, there just isn't really another app like it. They just added sports to their launcher too, which is pretty rad.
  6. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Go Launcher EX
    Again
    ;)
  7. beachhead

beachhead Member

8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Active Member

Currently using Zeam....basic enough for me.
    aldamon likes this.
  9. jdog94

jdog94 Well-Known Member

10. jdog94

jdog94 Well-Known Member

try livehome its pretty cool
  11. aldamon

aldamon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks good.
  12. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I usually switch between ADW Ex, LauncherPro (plus) and Zeam. Currently with CM7, ADW Ex seems to have some kind of memory leak and the response drops to a near zero and takes forever to process and it even happens when I removed all active widgets and apps so I went back to LPP.
  13. sookster54

Oh has anyone tried Crazy Home?
  14. kerrdj

kerrdj Member

i know the subject has been beaten to death but my opinion varies from most so ill say i fell in love with tag home and have been using it since my D1
  15. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Well-Known Member

I like adw ex, it EATS memory so if youre thrifty with that kind of thing its all bad. But its so customizable! Definitely my favorite
  16. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Crazy home is a nice concept you get 3 home screen profiles you can swich between by swiping up and down and unlimited horizontal home screens. However it is abandonware the dev disappeared. There is a paid version with "coming soon" features but there have been no updates. I would suggest using a launcher that is still developed. I personally like go launcher EX
  17. ap0stle

ap0stle Member

For full home screen organization of folders, together with apps, file manager short cuts, and browser shortcuts...and customizing home screen folder icons..only 2 launchers to choose from.. Go Launcher EX, and Open Home 6.2(beta). Example, open a h/screen file, add...shortcuts to main torrent download files from file explorer, add shortcuts from browser for torrent sites, add TTorrent and aDownloader apps...and customize the icon of the folder..........not possible to get this kind of integration of different elements into the same one stop shop on your desk top with adw or launcher pro.

optimus 2x.
  18. ap0stle

ap0stle Member

@Ironass............ each of those links is now dated an old.

18 launchers compared - Dec 2010

Launcher recommendations? - Dec 2010

What's the best Launcher for android? January 2011

ADW vs Helix vs Launcher pro - May 2010

ADW vs Launcher Pro - September 2010.

...threads from months ago, about launchers as at today....now that is truly boring! Do you read last months news paper for todays news?

So - you are saying all those threads can inform us of the situation as at March 2011? So in those links I would know that Open Home 6 now allows drag and drop folders on the home screen... let alone that it is now free!

In the time since those threads closed, TTorrent has dramatically improved, and aDownloader has come on the scene, both giving real torrent performance .. requiring real desktop folder and resource management from a home screen replacement..which sees Open Home and Go Launcher Ex leave ADW and Launcher Pro in the dust.

There is nothing boring or wrong with another thread on Launchers...so much changes so fast, we need a new thread every month to keep up.
  19. sookster54

Back when I first got into Android, Open Home was my first alt launcher and it was so-so at the time but Open Home 6 is actually very nice and feature filled- it just bugs me that you have to buy Open Home to get the full function from 6. I was also once into LiveHome, GDE and PandaHome, all of which seem to be dead in development now. I guess I'll wait for the official release of Open Home 6.