Favorite Music(plus why)

Last Updated:

1. xzillerationer

xzillerationer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is you guys' favorite music? If you have some, could you give me a reason?
    Some of my all time favorite songs are anything by Jonathan Coulton, Don't Stop Believin', and World's Apart both by Journey, I Am the Satellite by Bryan Steeksma, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Dracula from Houston by (I can't believe it, but it's true) the Butthole Surfers, and Ballroom Blitz by Sweet.
    The reason? JoCo is funny, Journey is epic, I am the Satellite has a (surprisingly) hidden atheism message(or at least anti-organized religion), Bohemian Rhapsody is epic and a half, Dracula is from one of my favorite shows, Ballroom Blitz is awesome.
    So, what's yours?

Advertisement
  2. crazybuoy

crazybuoy Member

I like Romantic music.
    because i am a romantic person. i spend some time to listen a music.

3. darbelis12

darbelis12 Guest

Rock, because it rocks.

4. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Anything but Country and I'm game.

Although I listen to Sportstalk radio 80% of the time

5. Nex_1

Nex_1 Well-Known Member

.. basically everything
    my favorite are : Everlast , Eminem , Weezer , Rise Against , Snoop Dogg , Linkin' Park , Green Day , Nickelback , Timbaland , Rihanna , P!nk & OneRepublic

6. Dr. Shady PhD

Dr. Shady PhD Well-Known Member

Eminem, Hailie Jade ;) , Lil Wayne, Obie Trice, 50 Cent, Pink Floyd, Saliva, Skillet, The Alchemist, Birdman, Led Zepelin, and the person who did the song on that one spongbob episode :)

7. ddoolin

ddoolin Well-Known Member

Korean hip-hop. Pretty much all of it. Because the sounds are amazing, as good as American hip-hop sounds if not better, and the lyrics are better hands down.

I LOVE bass, if that means anything. That's mostly why I love hip-hop and rap. I guess it helps to actually have the music be GOOD, too.

8. bobWalk

bobWalk New Member

Soft trans is for me. I''ve got sick of the pop stuff same words no meaning driving me nuts. Since than started to listen trans. Also pretty good for work keeps me bouncing.

----------------------------------------------
    feel good stay healthy with sanitary pads for classic lady's

9. google123

google123 Well-Known Member

10. Rock
    Metal
    Techno
    Classical
    Hip-pop

11. I like Rock and Hip hop music very much because it is good music. I get relax from that music and also rock and hip-hop music fill lots of energy. The growing popularity of the genre led groups from other areas to try their hand.

12. T.I.

T.I. Active Member

HipHop because its my lifee..the culture i grew up in.. nothing but hiphop

13. zep

zep Well-Known Member

I try to listen to a varied amount of music, but for the sake of the thread I'll try to classify them into larger categories and then give examples of each that I enjoy:

Rock & Jam Bands: Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, Muse, Phish, Government Mule, Ween, Interpol, Pearl Jam, Pencilgrass, The String Cheese Incident, The Secret Machines, Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Disco Biscuits, Kings of Leon, Beck, Hot Hot Heat, Widespread Panic, Modest Mouse, moe., MGMT, Spoon, Weezer, Wolfmother, G. Love & Special Sauce, STS9, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

Punk:
    The Stooges, The Ramones, The Clash, Ian Dury

Classic Rock:
    Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Allman Brothers Band, Steely Dan, Black Sabbath, The Who, AC/DC, Jethro Tull, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Queen

Hip-Hop/Rap: A Tribe Called Quest, Jurassic 5, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Rakim, Biggie

Techno: BT, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, The Future Sound of London, RJD2, Massive Attack, The Propellerheads, Keoki, Orbital, Dubtribe, Moby, Wildchild, 808 State, Aphex Twin

Low-Key/Mellow Music: Cat Stevens, Jack Johnson, Otis Redding, Elton John, Coldplay

Turntablism & Mash-Up: DJ Z-Trip, DJ Q-Bert, DJ Spooky, DJ Green Lantern, Eclectic Method, Eyedea & Abilities

14. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

most rock/metal bands that started before 1990, along with some of the bands that recently started up using the old style

15. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Well-Known Member

My absolute favorites are different styles of rock from the 60s & 70s.

16. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Allison Krause and Union Station: Allison's voice is astounding; Jerry Douglas is unquestionably the finest dobro player on planet earth, Ron Block is the best banjo player I've listened to in a coon's age. Listen to Man of Constant Sorrow, it is great, Factoid: AKUS did not write that song, they just made it theirs.

Bering Strait: Classically trained Russian musicians that play amazing bluegrass

Charo: unequalled virtuosity

Mamas and the Papas: perfection on harmony and I think Cass Eliot’s voice is as close to perfect as any voice can be.

Celtic Women: Glorious and grand; voices and arrangements that can make you cry and then feel extraordinary joy. Try “The Voice,” “Sing Out,” and “The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun” for starters. You should look for them on YouTube

Earl Scruggs: Invented the 5-string style we love to day.

Dick Dale: No better surf guitar player

Bee Gees: Try “Spirits Having Flown”

Sly and the Family Stone, Lou Rawls, Al Green, Millie Jackson.... ad infinitum: Just listen, you will know

Tom Jones: Whats New *****cat:: The song I first fell in love with

Peggy Lee: Is That All There Is, the song that started me thinking about composing

Steve Martin (Yes, the comedian) Listen to him pick a banjo

Roy Clark: Damm fine everything player

Glenn Campbell: Damm fine guitarist, Listen to his work and nuff said

1910 Fruit Gum Company and The Cowsils (Hair) just for fun

Louis Armstrong: Needs no explanation or justification, just listen

Earl Kluge: Wow, listen to his entire catalog

Utah Tabernacle Choir: The best choir there is

Mason Williams: Classical Gas

Bob Bergner's Music City Marching Band, featuring Bob Maxey, first chair b-flat Coronet.

Bob Maxey

17. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite bands themselves are

Primus-Les on the bass is just complete awesome sauce

Nightwish- the music can be so tranquil and relaxing yet have strong lyrics

Opeth- Easily one of the most talented bands around now a days, awesome guitar work. Vocals to make your head spin, just everything about them

Mastodon- The drummer is plain nuts.

Outkast- Best Rap/hip hop music around. really fast rhymes, great rhythm

Nonpoint- Talented hard rock band, one of the few new bands I can stomach

Skindred- simply put, theres nothing else like them Reggae punk and metal all mixed with great personality and stage presence

Amon Amarth- Great MElodic Death metal band

Hardstlye/Hardcore techno- I group this all together because theres just too many good djs. main listening pleasure comes from Thunder dome, and sensation black mixes.

Lamb of God

Rob Zombie

Avenged Sevenfold

Andrew WK

Reel big fish

Blind guardian

Daft punk

Allman brother band

E-Nomine

Foo Fighters

Manowar

muse

Nile

Maximum the hormone

those are the main bands i listen to daily theres a bunch more but I have to leave work now

18. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

19. keatingschick

keatingschick Well-Known Member

I like a bit of anything....but specifically P!NK....alot of her songs are quite significant to me and she is fantastic live. I could listen to her all day every day!