Favorite non-market apps

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

**Download these at your own risk! You are responsible for anything that happens to your phone due to downloaded apps. **

I was wondering what apps people have found that for whatever reason are not on the android market. Let's not paste any direct links to these apps, just to be safe. Just post the name of the app and what it does, if anyone wants to download the app a google search will work to find them!

Here are a couple of my favorites:

1. TrueCaller - used to be on the market, but doesn't seem to be anymore. The best caller ID app I have found. Shows caller's information on a pop up even if they aren't in your contacts. Also can be linked to social networks to show friend's latest status update when they call. Works for SMS also, but I don't use that.

2. SMS Bomber - Also was on the market for a while. Send a predefined number of SMSs to a number. You set the number of messages, delay (or no delay) and the message text, then just hit send.

3. Wifi Kill - kicks other devices off of whatever wifi network you are connected to (requires root)

4. TubeMate - download YouTube videos to view later.

Advertisement
    :
    Atma likes this.
  2. sanibel

sanibel Well-Known Member

Great idea!
    (Download links would be super!)
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Thanks. Just got it. :cool:
  4. walpow

walpow Well-Known Member

Here's one I like: AppWidgetPicker. It takes all the widgets from each app and makes them into one entry in the add widget list. You click on that and get the appropriate widgets. Like this:

[​IMG]
    chrlswltrs likes this.
  5. chrlswltrs

That would be really useful if it wasn't already built into CM7. If I was on a stock ROM I would definitely grab that one!
  6. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

downloaded truecaller, was a waste of time. didn't work at all on the rezound
  7. jfever311

jfever311 Well-Known Member

Music Junk is pretty neat so far.
  8. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

I have an app called keylights(not the one in the market) for my LG Optimus v. It makes the keys flash when you get a text which is useful because the Optimus v does not have a notification light. It takes a little bit of searching to find it because there is an app in the market with the same name. I think it requires root but I'm not sure.
  9. chrlswltrs

I use that combined with RingDroid to make all of my ringtones.
  10. chrlswltrs

Found a new one. Roam Control is great if you have a sprint phone, especially if you manually update your PRL. Now if I don't have sprint data service I automatically use Verizon's data service.
  11. chrlswltrs

Anyone have anymore?
  12. chrlswltrs

Anyone have any new ones?
  13. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Pocket Manga. I like it better than all the other manga readers in the Market. Got removed for some reason now support became a little spotchy since apparently the dev isn't earning from it much anymore I think.
  14. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

It might be taken off off the market due to licencing if you get Licenced manga for free.
  15. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

That app is f*ckin killer! Pranks galore with that thing...and then a little bit of legitimate use too lol.
  16. sohguanh

sohguanh Well-Known Member

I would presume above app can be abused and hence taken down from google play? I also wonder what use case does such app serve except to bombard a phone number with SMS? A debt collector perhaps?
  17. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I don't think so. MangaWhat is still in the market along with a few others and it offers the same sources.
  18. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Well-Known Member

I'm wondering the same thing.
  19. chrlswltrs

It can be abused, yes. Personally I have only used it 2 or 3 times, and all in good fun with someone I wanted to mess with. And I didn't send hundreds or thousands of messages like the app is capable of, I only sent 20 or 30 rapidly to prove a point.

The thing with android is "with great power comes great responsibility" and not everyone can be trusted with the power that our phones are capable of.
  20. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

Tru dat. :cool:

Btw what's the best way to update all non-Market apps?
    I've got a bunch on my phone but obviously they don't show up on "my apps" in the Market.
  21. chrlswltrs

The only way to update non market apps is in the app if there is an option to "check for updates" or to just download a new apk and install the updated version
  22. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

That's a shame. Sounds like there's a gap in the ... er ... market :D for a universal updater notification app.