• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite platform

Whats your favorite gaming platform?

• PC

Votes: 54 33.1%
  • Xbox

Votes: 46 28.2%
  • Playstation

Votes: 54 33.1%
  • Wii

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Portable (Phone, DS, other)

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters
If you love racing games, you wouldn't care what platform the game is released on, but every post you've made on here about gaming exposes you as a fanboy who'd be better off sticking to the N4G forums rather than dragging down Android Forums.

+1

It's pointless having a conversation with a fanboy so I gave up. It just ends up making you look bad as you try to use reason and logic with them when all they want to do is flame or troll. :rolleyes:

I also love Forza and think that some underestimate it. A very solid game that every racing game fan should own.

Upvote 0
How is Forza more of an arcade game then GT? You said you've just seen it played, but never played it, so how can you judge it? I've played all the GT's (besides 5) and all the Forza's and I don't see how Forza is more of an arcade. GT4 is the one that had N2O in it, plus the car wash, and oil change? Like those two things really did anything.

Upvote 0
How is Forza more of an arcade game then GT? You said you've just seen it played, but never played it, so how can you judge it? I've played all the GT's (besides 5) and all the Forza's and I don't see how Forza is more of an arcade. GT4 is the one that had N2O in it, plus the car wash, and oil change? Like those two things really did anything.

You really can just ignore Mgillespie. He's a Sony fanboy that got banned from the PS forums lmfao. A real ignorant person as well if you ask me so whatever he says I just take with a grain of sand.

Reactions: Aiyan and Jeted
Upvote 0
Any real gamer will know the difference.

Forza has artificial physics for the car to make it easier for gamers. Much like Modern Warfare series is not a proper shooter, in the way that guns don't have physics, they all take the same time to lift, you can run the same speed whatever weapon you have and other things like that.

Ever wondered why pretty much ALL F1 drivers cite Gran Turismo series as what they train on and to learn tracks. None of them cite Forza..

http://www.gamer.tm/news.php?id=1919
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/07/real-race-car-drivers-use-gran-turismo-to-train/

They don't use Forza (which is not much more than the modern equivalent of Segas Outrun....) because it's an ARCADE RACER.

I can see why you get upset at the thought of not having a proper racing game on your system, and i'm sorry about that, but it does not change the fact.

Upvote 0
Any real gamer will know the difference.

Forza has artificial physics for the car to make it easier for gamers. Much like Modern Warfare series is not a proper shooter, in the way that guns don't have physics, they all take the same time to lift, you can run the same speed whatever weapon you have and other things like that.

Ever wondered why pretty much ALL F1 drivers cite Gran Turismo series as what they train on and to learn tracks. None of them cite Forza..

F1 drivers use Gran Turismo to learn circuits // Videogame News // GAMER - The UK's Leading Videogames Resource
Real race car drivers use Gran Turismo to train | Joystiq

They don't use Forza (which is not much more than the modern equivalent of Segas Outrun....) because it's an ARCADE RACER.

I can see why you get upset at the thought of not having a proper racing game on your system, and i'm sorry about that, but it does not change the fact.

I must say you provide me with a quality amount of laughs each time you post now.

Reactions: Aiyan
Upvote 0
Forza has artificial physics for the car to make it easier for gamers.
Of course a video game has "artificial" physics as the cars aren't real. If you mean the assists that Forza has, yep, it has several, so you can play the game as an arcade racer with the assists on, or as a sim racer with them off.

As for your claim that ALL F1 drivers have used GT to train, look at what it says in the articles you posted: -

Formula One drivers Jarno Trulli and Kazuki Nakajima, along with WRC champion Sebastian Loeb, have all used Gran Turismo games to learn real life circuits.
So 2 F1 drivers have used GT to learn circuits. Of course, if they happen to crash into another car while driving round that circuit, they'll bounce off it like a bumper car (just like real racing!) and the AI will just stick hard to the racing line (just like real racing!), but those negatives don't stop them from learning a circuit. Not quite the same as the bold claim you were making.

You're not a "real gamer". You are a Sony console warrior as can be evidenced by your posts (and subsequent bannings) on various gaming forums, including this one. A real gamer may have a favourite platform, but they don't exclude games simply because they are not on that platform as that's a ridiculous thing to do.

Upvote 0
A real gamer loves all games he can play, doesn't matter which console its on. I doesn't matter if its a puny FB games or a atari game you play. What I do consider a gamer is a player that tries out every game he can get a hand on, be unknown or well known.

Certainly as some people even stated here, it's alright to like something and have a favorite. I do and I have said it in my post, but no need to be insecure about it! Be proud PS3 owner and don't make everyone else that likes PS3 look bad as well. Since that's basically what you do!

On GT vs Forza, really - from my point of view, it's like eating this great pizza. Froze pizza has this delicious steaks and sauce on it, while my GT pizza got ham and cheese! I love them both so much and don't mind eating both of the pizza's.

Other bad example goes for different shooter games. I'm true fan of most COD games and UT games out there, but I still play other FPS games and really enjoy them. Take BF series, crysis, timeshift and etc etc

Same goes with cross consoles, I did love Halo single and I honestly was throughoutly entertained with Killzone single and don't need to choose between who is best, since both gives me a entertainment value beyond most other games.

But either way, cheers for giving me a laugh mgillespie - You sure have a strong fandom in you. :)

Upvote 0
I think it's fair to say that every person who plays video games chooses to play the games that they play for at least slightly different reasons. With that being said, the reasons to like the various available platforms will be different for every individual. That is part of what makes video games so amazing. There is something for everyone. Each platform throughout the video game life cycle has brought something to the table in one way or another. Atari helped bring video games to the masses. Nintendo brought us Mario and all of the great times we've had with that franchise over the years. The Sega offered the first "threat" to Mario with Sonic. Playstation brought a whole new level of graphics into the gamers home. Xbox brought the Halo experience into millions of homes and revolutionized the first person shooter and online console gaming.

Obviously, that list wasn't intended to be anywhere close to all inclusive. Each platform that I have used over the years has brought its own flavor of entertainment appeal depending on what you are looking for in a game or console.

With that being said, I will die a Nintendo fanboy. They don't come close to the best graphics. They don't have many of the current leading franchises available. The current gen system is definitely not made for an afternoon of simply vegging out in front of your favorite game. HOWEVER, I just love what it does offer. Mario is endless fun and the interactive UI is appealing to me...sometimes.

I also own a PS3 which I honestly probably play more. It reminds me more of many of the games I have grown to love through the years and the controller landscape has remained mostly unchanged through three generations of the console.

My Xbox 360 probably gets the least use of any of my systems including my handhelds. Simple reason: I don't like the feel of the controller. That doesn't make any of the other consoles "better", it simply means that I prefer them for some reason in some regard.

I think sometimes gamers forget their roots and why gaming exists and start to go at each other because ultimately they don't share the same preferences. Let's just look at the fact that through our lives video games have enhanced our lives on some level. That is a common truth. That doesn't mean we are video game addicts who would stay up playing a game for days on end until it were to actually cause a medical issue. But damn, look at what we all have in common.

Simply, I ask to just stop bitching about every other system simply because it isn't the one you prefer. They all have their own merits and nobody is a lesser valuable member of society because they disagree with your OPINION on the matter.

Sorry for the rant. It just seems like whenever I see a group of gamers talking it leads to a festival of complaining. Just embrace the good.

Upvote 0
I think it's fair to say that every person who plays video games chooses to play the games that they play for at least slightly different reasons. With that being said, the reasons to like the various available platforms will be different for every individual. That is part of what makes video games so amazing. There is something for everyone. Each platform throughout the video game life cycle has brought something to the table in one way or another. Atari helped bring video games to the masses. Nintendo brought us Mario and all of the great times we've had with that franchise over the years. The Sega offered the first "threat" to Mario with Sonic. Playstation brought a whole new level of graphics into the gamers home. Xbox brought the Halo experience into millions of homes and revolutionized the first person shooter and online console gaming.

Obviously, that list wasn't intended to be anywhere close to all inclusive. Each platform that I have used over the years has brought its own flavor of entertainment appeal depending on what you are looking for in a game or console.

With that being said, I will die a Nintendo fanboy. They don't come close to the best graphics. They don't have many of the current leading franchises available. The current gen system is definitely not made for an afternoon of simply vegging out in front of your favorite game. HOWEVER, I just love what it does offer. Mario is endless fun and the interactive UI is appealing to me...sometimes.

I also own a PS3 which I honestly probably play more. It reminds me more of many of the games I have grown to love through the years and the controller landscape has remained mostly unchanged through three generations of the console.

My Xbox 360 probably gets the least use of any of my systems including my handhelds. Simple reason: I don't like the feel of the controller. That doesn't make any of the other consoles "better", it simply means that I prefer them for some reason in some regard.

I think sometimes gamers forget their roots and why gaming exists and start to go at each other because ultimately they don't share the same preferences. Let's just look at the fact that through our lives video games have enhanced our lives on some level. That is a common truth. That doesn't mean we are video game addicts who would stay up playing a game for days on end until it were to actually cause a medical issue. But damn, look at what we all have in common.

Simply, I ask to just stop bitching about every other system simply because it isn't the one you prefer. They all have their own merits and nobody is a lesser valuable member of society because they disagree with your OPINION on the matter.

Sorry for the rant. It just seems like whenever I see a group of gamers talking it leads to a festival of complaining. Just embrace the good.

Well said sir, well said. I couldn't agree with you more (except the part of loving the Wii :p)

Reactions: bostoniansurvivor
Upvote 0
Well said sir, well said. I couldn't agree with you more (except the part of loving the Wii :p)

lol. TBH most of the love for the Nintendo platform is nostalgia talking. I remember being a kid when the original 8 bit came out. I just can't let that go lol. But like I said, that doesn't make it better. In all reality it lacks in most ways comparitively next to the other seventh generation systems. But I just can't let nostalgia go lol.

Upvote 0
I got a PC, the Wii, the 360, and the PS3.

I voted 360 probably. I cant remember now its been so long. lol I like all 3 console cuz they each bring something different to the table. EVERY exclusive for each system I try to get cuz each consoles exclusive is very nice. (the Wii can be more hit or miss than the other 2 tho)

On my PC....I tried some console type games and I just didnt like it. It was probably the screen size..lol I do play the Sims on their, but thats about it.
(yea, yea...shaddup)

I like having the Wii cuz every game I can let my kids play and dont have to worry about the content. Some games I dont play around them or let them play for the PS3 or 360....I think I lost some weight playing the Wii too...

I didnt like the controller for the Xbox at first, I was so used to the Playstation one. That changed after finally getting the orig Xbox. Now I have problems when I play one system for a long time and try to play another ...I always get the controls mixed up. lol Except for the Wii. That controller is too unique.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones