• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

favorite ringtone and notification song???

ringtone: jeff beck's plynth
sms notif: "dammit, i wish you people would just leave me alone" from diablo 2, act 3 introduction to alkor
email notif: "you've got spam" from a futurama episode (can't remember which one, but it's leela's wrist device that says it)
calendar notif: "in actual news the human race was doomed to extinction today as the robot revolt turned violent" from another futurama episode (mother's day)

Upvote 0
My notification sounds are turned off as they wake up my missus at night .. even though the phone is downstairs and way over on the other side of the house :rolleyes:

I've had the same ringtone since the first phone that let me change it: Acid by Ray Barreto. Starts off quiet so the first thing you hear is an Aha! closely followed by a whoop .. can be a little embarrassing :D

Upvote 0
I change both fairly frequently. I'm currently using the chorus of Coheed and Cambria's "The Broken" as my ringtone, and the chimes at the end of the theme from Dollhouse as my notification.

I also really like the IT Crowd combo: The theme song as the ringer, and Moss's "message for me!" as the notification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones