• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Favorite ROM for the Droid X

Favorite ROM for the Droid X

• Total voters

Btros

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2010
Thought it would be interesting to see what the favorite ROMs are for the DX here. It would also help new users see what are the most widely used and tested ROMs when they make a decision what ROM to use.

I'm sure ApeX is going to win by a landslide but will be interesting to see what is number 2 :cool:

Apologies if I missed any.

Reactions: dhoffman1421
I love Fission, but I'm kinda curious about GummyJAR now lol.

The thing you should know about GummyJAR is, it doesn't have many extra's included. It's really just stripped to the bone and geared towards flat out speed. So if you're a fan of ROMs with a lot of different options and what not, then it may not be for you.

But if you're looking for a ROM that make your device run slicker than snaght on a glass door knob, then I'd say look no further.

Upvote 0
I've been on fission since it was first released. I tried all the other big ones (Apex, TranQ, GJ 2.5). I just flashed GJ and its nice and it can definitely hold its own against fission but where fission excels is with the Fission Rom Manager. It has a lot of themes (official and not official thanks to Faber78 :)) Very easy to get it how you want it. What I really love about GJ though is the way the organization is when choosing homescreen widgets and how it groups all the options under one parent selection so it doesn't crowd it up. But overall Fission wins it for me it's just more polished. GJ will get there though.

Reactions: Btros
Upvote 0
What I really love about GJ though is the way the organization is when choosing homescreen widgets and how it groups all the options under one parent selection so it doesn't crowd it up.

This is one feature I LOOOVVEEE. Keeps the widgets menu from taking long from opening up too.. GJ has seemed to be the quickest with opening the widget menu compared to any other rom (for my phone at least).

This poll will be a decent idea of what ROM is the favorite of them all.. but remember it's a poll limited to these forums. Of the most popular, Apex is really the only one in which the dev has made a home of these forums. For others, such as GJ, XDA forums or the like are used for support.. and thus the larger percentage of supporters of the ROM are on those forums.

Upvote 0
Just checking in from Disney World. :)

It's interesting, to me, to see the top roms in the top places. GJ is a fine new rom to add in there and I'm glad it's up there in vote count. The only surprising thing was that RubiX didn't get more votes. it's a fine rom and it's stable. Any reasons you can think of?

Upvote 0
That's interesting - for me RubiX focused was just about as fast as GummyJAR. I did get a soft reboot every now and then on RubiX, which is why I decided to try Gummy. Haven't had nearly as many now so haven't gone back to RubiX. The reboots may have been fixed by now. But as far as speed, RubiX is as fast as Gummy for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones