1. tandydee

tandydee Member

What's your favorite ROM and why?

Advertisement
  2. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

cuz i made it?
    jk ;)
    i would still say my own rom because of battery life, how unique it is, and for the fact all my hardware works.
    most of the cm9/cm10 roms are great ofcourse, super smooth, and carry performance on their back but lack the potential like hardware failures and the accasional bug not letting the user complete an action like take a simple picture.
    the dual core Nd simplicity roms are another one of my favorites before hand i developed my own rom.
  3. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Arctic hd.

Super smooth, fast, and highest quadrant scores I have had on any rom.
  4. tandydee

tandydee Member

I'm about to flash ArticHD. I've read all the instructions, just nervous about bricking my phone.
  5. carracerz14

6. tandydee

tandydee Member

Followed guide. Waiting for device to boot. There's really loud music playing at boot, is this normal? How do you stop that music from playing?
  7. tandydee

tandydee Member

I know that all my apps are gone cause I had to wipe the system, but can I get my apps back through Titanium backup? Or how do I get my purchased apps back?
  8. carracerz14

That's the boot sound. You can rename the file in root explorer. I just don't know which one it is.

As for Titanium, did you create a back up first? If so just download titanium from the market and use restore missing apps and data. Don't touch anything that says system data.

If you didn't create a backup just open Google play and your apps should start downloading, don't worry all your paid apps are saved to your Gmail account and you can go back in and re download them whenever you want on any device.
    tandydee likes this.
  9. carracerz14

The boot sound file is in system/media and it's called DroidHD.ogg I just renamed it to DroidHD.ogg.bak it should be set to go. I found it slightly annoying also.
  10. tandydee

tandydee Member

It got rid of Swype! I don't think I like this ROM... I don't see the advantages really.
  11. tandydee

tandydee Member

I thought all my apps should just start downloading like before, but they didn't. I'm signed in on Google. I don't get what's happening, it seems to have deleted everything. Even in Titanium backup, there is no restore. Edit to say: Found the restore on Titanium backup.. phew. I'm still getting used to the Artic launcher. I like Nova better but I like the artic circle widget.
  12. carracerz14

We're your apps backed up on the external card or the internal card. If its the external you have to change the location in titanium settings.

And there are many advantages to this rom. It's faster, better battery life, Google now...
    tandydee likes this.
  13. carracerz14

Just re download swype.. Or go to the play store and hit my apps and reinstall them..
  14. tandydee

tandydee Member

Do you use a launcher?
  15. carracerz14

I use the stock one.
  16. tandydee

tandydee Member

It says I can't rename it. Could I just delete it? Would that make it stop playing at boot?
  17. carracerz14

You need to make sure it's set to r/w(re writable) if it's read only you can't do anything not even delete
  18. tandydee

tandydee Member

How do you do that? Edit: Wait found it. I'm stupid.
    carracerz14 likes this.