1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite RSS Apps?

Last Updated:

1. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's everybody using for an RSS app? I'm using NetaShare. I really like it, but it's lacking a home screen widget - I sorta wrote about it as part of my top 5 favorites, but I'm wondering if there might be something better that allows you to download and store RSS content on your phone AND has a homescreen widget.

What does everybody else use?

Advertisement
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I'm using NewsRoom, really like it. Retrieves whole articles and backs up to SD Card for offline reading. Throws up a notification in the notification bar when new content available. Excellent UI.

No Google Reader syncing yet though, so may be a turn off for dedicated Google Reader users.

3. phirefaux

phirefaux Well-Known Member

If you're into rss feeds I highly reccomend the motoblur ui. I have 4 dedicated widgets for different rss feeds and one click takes you dirctly to the source website. Its quick and you can subscribe to different topics. I'm a huge fan!

4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

NewsRoom allows for individual 1x1 sized widgets that go direct to each feed also, but just seems a waste of space given the notifications bar alert for new material.

5. mobil3gen

Google Reader is definitely a must for me...

6. patter

patter Member

Another vote for newsroom, there's a free trial version but the full version is definitely worth buying.

PureRSS isn't too bad either.

7. mobil3gen

Just check out newsroom, definitely agree that a paid version would be the way to go..

8. fiish

fiish Active Member

Currently using the News app which came preloaded on the Desire, it seems OK and has a homescreen widget too.

Newsroom sounds like a nice alternative though, with its offline reading facility.

9. BrainB0ne

BrainB0ne Member

10. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

I've tried most of the ones available. I like Greed the most, that is until the recent update that introduced slower loading and very annoying ads.

I REALLY like Newsroom, but not having Reader sync is a dealbreaker for me. I would definitely be willing to buy a full version of Newsroom if it had Reader sync.

For now, I'm sticking with the older version of Greed before the developer screwed it up. Lucky for me I had a backup of it so I reverted back to it.

11. goomba

goomba Active Member

I use FeedR Beta. I haven't tried any other RSS app, but I didn't want to after trying this out. Lets me search for feeds using keywords, caches images automatically (setting), limits cache size etc. Works for me.

12. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

Seconding Newsrob. Great app and the developer is VERY responsive to inquries.

13. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

14. duffer900

duffer900 Active Member