• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite wine and spirit?

Thatdad

Android Expert
Jun 4, 2013
South Georgia
What is your favorite wine and spirit?

My favorite distilled liquor is Vodka. :D I've had several different kinds but my favorite for expensive is Crystal Head and for my cheaper tastes is Svedka.

I have had Tanqueray and Bombay Sapphire. It was okay but not my absolute favorite.

Favorite Rum is definitely Captain Morgan's. ;)

As for beer... I only like dark beer. So my favorite is Shiner Bock Belgian Black. :thumbup:

Ooh and I love Jack Daniels honey Whiskey! :D

I like all the Runite wines but other than that eh..

So what's everyone's favorites? Feel free to also post any recipes for mixed drinks you absolutely love. :thumbup: :beer:

Favorite spirit: Tequila. Any brand that's 100% agave and a blanco.
Wine: Honestly, I am not too picky. If it's decent and appropriately match to what we're eating, I'm game. Reislings (dry!) are my go tos. :)

I like tequila as well. :) I've only had 1800 though, I wouldn't mind having a Blanco one. What's the difference? And I think 1800 is 100% agave.

Upvote 0
Blanco's have no barrel aging in them. They can be some of the harshest, but also the spiciest and fruitiest, IMO.
Reposado's have 3-6 months of barrel aging and Anejo's are anything greater (I'm pretty sure I'm right on that, check Wiki).
Some good ones that aren't as expensive: Milagro, 1800, El Jimador, Hornitos, Quervo Silver.
Just be sure the bottle says 100% agave. Otherwise, it'll be garbage. :)

Upvote 0
Just started drinking New Amsterdam gin, petty darn good!

It is my go to for a cheap but not terrible gin. :)
Picked up a new one called Few that's from Illinois. Can't say I'm a big fan; it's got a weird citrus thing going on. Gins are definitely fun though as they can vary widely. To me, Hendrix and Sapphire are gross; I tend to go with traditional ones like Plymouth and Bombay Dry (Bookers is good too).

Reactions: Thatdad
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones