• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Favorites" and "Albums"

Skyholder

Jun 20, 2010
I have lost the "favorites" in my phone. I don't see a separate "click" to reach them. Ya know? A long side the "group" Icon?

Also, can't find "albums" anywhere.
I'm brand new to the Droid, so these may be really simple questions to some.
I appreciate any help.
I did read the "User Manual", but it seems to tell me what to do once I've found these things, but not where to find them.
Thanks.

I hadn't noticed, but I believe the upgrade to Android 2.1 changed that. I assume you are talking about when you are in the People app, correct (page 69 of the users manual). 2.1 removed the Favorites icon at the bottom. Now you have to select Groups, and Favorites should be the 1st group listed.

You can create a widget or a folder on any home screen to see your Favorites:

Widget:
Longpress on an empty area of one of your 7 home screens. Select HTC widget, then People, select widget style 1 or 2, then select Favorites at the top of the list. You will need a lot of room, try it on an empty screen.

Folder:
Longpress on an empty area of one of your 7 home screens. Select Folder, select Starred. Done. To rename the folder, open the folder and long press the title bar at the top, rename and hit OK.

To delete these or any other widget, shortcut or folder... longpress the item and drag to the bottom of the screen. It will turn red when over the remove icon, release and it's gone.

-----

The album icons are still used when in the Contact Details screen (page 79 of the users manual) so I assume you mean your album (photos, downloads, etc)

Same as above:

Widget:
Longpress on an empty area of one of your 7 home screens. Select HTC Widget, select Photo Album, select the 1 style, select which album to display.

Shortcut:
Longpress on an empty area of one of your 7 home screens. Select Program, select Photos. Done

Hope this helped, if not, provide more specifics. Enjoy your Android phone!

Upvote 0
Regarding the Photo "albums", I have learned that you have to be connected to your computer, via the USB. You create the folder using your computer, as you would in any window. It is still not visible until a photo is moved into the folder. This all has to be done on your computer. You cannot use your phone camera to store any pictures in any folder other than "camera", or "all photos". Any manipulation has to be while connected to the pc.
I've also noted the absence of the icon with the "heart", which WAS the "Favorites". Yes, they are now just a separate "group." Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
But my next question, if you're game....
Why can I not connect my phone to the pc, without it telling me it cannot dl the drivers? I've been to the verizon site, AND the HTC site. Downloaded from both places, what I figured would be the drivers. There are no Eris specific drivers. Only "Incredible". Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
But my next question, if you're game....
Why can I not connect my phone to the pc, without it telling me it cannot dl the drivers? I've been to the verizon site, AND the HTC site. Downloaded from both places, what I figured would be the drivers. There are no Eris specific drivers. Only "Incredible". Any thoughts?

It may be when you are connecting you are/have selected to connect as charge only. Noticed this gives you the driver unavailable message . Just slide down the notification message window and connect as hard drive. This should install the driver

Upvote 0
Regarding the Photo "albums", I have learned that you have to be connected to your computer, via the USB. You create the folder using your computer, as you would in any window. It is still not visible until a photo is moved into the folder. This all has to be done on your computer. You cannot use your phone camera to store any pictures in any folder other than "camera", or "all photos". Any manipulation has to be while connected to the pc.

You shouldn't have to create a folder for photos. When you take your 1st photo a folder tree is created on the SD card as DCIM / 100MEDIA. All camera images are kept there. When you open the Photos app it scans your entire SD card for Jpg, bmp, mpgs, etc and sorts then into Albums according to type and folder title.

I've also noted the absence of the icon with the "heart", which WAS the "Favorites". Yes, they are now just a separate "group." Thanks for the help.

Yes, Favorites (hearts) changed to starred in 2.1. You might have to go into your favorite contacts and highlight or 'turn on' the star to get them to show up in the Starred folder I told you how to create.

After the 2.1 update my computer wouldn't notice my Eris, I read that installing the HTC Sync update would install new USB drivers. I've had no problem since. I never use the HTC Sync program, but it did install usable USB drivers.
HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID ERIS by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads

And as HunterJohnson stated, make sure your Eris isn't set up for charge only.
Settings / Connect to PC / Default connection type to Disk Drive and I keep Ask me checked too.

Upvote 0
You shouldn't have to create a folder for photos. When you take your 1st photo a folder tree is created on the SD card as DCIM / 100MEDIA. All camera images are kept there. When you open the Photos app it scans your entire SD card for Jpg, bmp, mpgs, etc and sorts then into Albums according to type and folder title.

Not sure where you are seeing this. When I take a picture, by default it goes to the "camera" folder. I don't get a choice as to where to "place it". I've have to transfer to different "folders", via the computer.

After the 2.1 update my computer wouldn't notice my Eris, I read that installing the HTC Sync update would install new USB drivers. I've had no problem since. I never use the HTC Sync program, but it did install usable USB drivers.
HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID ERIS by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads

And as HunterJohnson stated, make sure your Eris isn't set up for charge only.
Settings / Connect to PC / Default connection type to Disk Drive and I keep Ask me checked too.

Solved this issue by dl'ing the "htc sync from the HTC website. The actual sync isn't working, but I don't run calendar or outlook express.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones