• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorites Gone

Mine too. Also, AF was down for a while earlier. Maybe an upgrade going on?

One of the site developers gave an explanation here:

You are getting the nginx error because the backend (which is apache) is dieing on us. We are well on our way to doing some big server and infrastructure upgrades, we are just working out the details.

So presumably that is the source of all the bugs we're seeing at the moment too. Rest assured that it is being worked on though :)

Reactions: shauny13
Upvote 0
Temporary fix. I love Firefox!

How to: Open ALL your favorite pages via tabs in Firefox. Right click any tab and select "Bookmark all tabs" from the drop down menu. Give it a folder name and change the location to "Bookmarks Toolbar". Done!

Image1-4.jpg

Upvote 0
We had talked about removing the favorites as a test to see if it is having much to do with our load issue. It appears they went on and did that.

I miss them already! Would there be any way to get the "xx unread posts" part with our subscribed list (instead of favorites), or is that also part of the load issue. That's the part I really miss.

Thanks for the update!

Reactions: Xyro
Upvote 0
I miss them already! Would there be any way to get the "xx unread posts" part with our subscribed list (instead of favorites), or is that also part of the load issue. That's the part I really miss.

Thanks for the update!

Not at the moment. I saved the search strings for unread and favorites and neither is working at this time. Gonna have to make me some temporary shortcuts.

Reactions: mrpnut
Upvote 0
Totally lost without them. I don't know how else I'd keep up here.

Same here, looks like I have to bookmark everything :thumbdown: :(

The favorites (when I discovered about it) is the best part of AF :) I don't know if these exist on AC or XDA but I would hate to see these gone on AF

P.S. Favorites still work on Phandroid App :D looks like they only got rid of it on the main site
-h_Tg4Aap3dcild8l0NXNd7KEdjswrIiXwz8t4ehiRkTVajJxiC42iUxeAD1mKDjI-2CrZvbvSWLq48jT_qLBFkHWS8KNgYWegm8XHnDWRlIOfvpfhF3vZCglQx7wqv76SNozGVtg8iokcjqBU6NkYUqgNes1INAEqyrLlbFhajogcvVh2tGU1kXiDVbE-DcCTaGo1V6eF0bESnbqZSepGObeDAjrdQPp2smAl9DXuIne2w
>:pcguru:

Upvote 0
Actually, the list of favourite forums on tapatalk is not the same.

On the desktop version of the site we had favourite forums and subscribed forums. You can find the list of subscribed forums in the user cp, and that has not been disabled. It won't give you an unread post count though.

Once you're on tapatalk, the list of favourite forums is actually your list of subscribed forums, despite what the name implies.

So yeah, you can subscribe to each forum for quick navigation still.

Upvote 0
We had talked about removing the favorites as a test to see if it is having much to do with our load issue. It appears they went on and did that.

There are way to many forums and the site is basically unusable to me without favorites. I can scroll through all the clutter to find my phones forum but finding other places I like to visit (like here) is a real pain buried in everything.
Hope you get it fixed soon:)

Reactions: lexluthor
Upvote 0
There are way to many forums and the site is basically unusable to me without favorites. I can scroll through all the clutter to find my phones forum but finding other places I like to visit (like here) is a real pain buried in everything.
Hope you get it fixed soon:)

Agree. I've basically stopped using the forums. It's impossible to keep up with so many forums now. i sure hope someone reconsiders this and fixes by morning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones