Favorites on Droid BionicSupport

Last Updated: 2013-02-09 22:46:26
  1. PhdGirl2015

PhdGirl2015 Member

Hi:

How do I get rid of the Favorites on my Droid Bionic without deleting the contact file? There are contacts in this list that I have not called in over a year.

PhdGirl2015.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

are you talking about the widget on your home screen or under the phone button?
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

You delete the favorites by deleting the contact. In ICS ...
    You can do it by totally deleting the contact.
    Select Phone | Favorites
    Large picture entry ...
    - Select silhouette profile icon on contact to be deleted
    Small picture entry ...
    - Select picture of contact to be deleted
    - When medium picture entry appears - select silhouette profile icon on contact to be deleted
    When large image and menu are displayed
    Select Settings | Delete
    Select OK
    The contact is now totally deleted

What I do ...
    I use the large image favorites and select them using the "star icon" in the upper right corner. I simply ignore the list of favorites that follow them.

... Thom
  4. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

You can go into your contacts in gmail on the PC and unselect the "starred in Android"
    Thom likes this.
  5. kickbutkuss

kickbutkuss Well-Known Member

If you are viewing the favorites list via the phone app:

1.Press the little white person silhouette in the bottom right of each favorite.
    2.Press the white star in the top right to take the contact out of the favorites list. Star will not be white if they are NOT in the list.

If you are viewing favorites via the People app:

1.Single press each contact.
    2.Press the white star in the top right to take the contact out of the favorites list. Star will not be white if they are NOT in the list.
  6. PhdGirl2015

PhdGirl2015 Member

I don't want to delete the contact, I just want to get rid of the favorites list.
  7. PhdGirl2015

PhdGirl2015 Member

Hi:

I am viewing the favorites list via the phone app, and the only contact that has a white star is my husband's contact, all the other contacts on the favorites list have grayed out stars, they show up as frequently contacted numbers, which that is not correct. How can I get rid of the favorites list without permanently deleting the contact.
  8. Thom

You can't.

What you can control is what appears in the large entries at the top of the display. That's what the star does.

There is no capability for pruning the list that comes after the large images at the top other than deleting the contacts.

(I use the large entries at top and ignore the others.)

... Thom
  9. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

The Favorites list actually is two lists shown on one screen.

The actual Favorites that are shown in bold and you can add/remove people from this by enabling/disabling the Star in the upper right corner of each contacts info page...

It also lists a Frequently Called list ( poorly, I know of several on my list I haven't called often or even recently ). ICS doesn't provide an easy method to clear this list but it can be done.

First, let's play it safe and backup your contacts. Open the People app ( or the one you use ) and press the menu button. On the popup menu, select Import/Export... select to Export to storage. Close the People app and go back to the home screen.

Now open the Phone settings by clicking the menu button and selecting Settings. Then select Apps... next select All... scroll down to the Contact Storage and clear the data. Your phone should then start to resync your Contacts from your accounts... you may be able to speed this process up by going into the Accounts and Sync settings. If your contacts aren't synced with an account... you may have to restore from the backup you made earlier.

I also use Go Contacts... I found I had to reset the order of my contact groups again to the way I had modified them earlier. You may have a similar issue with other 3rd party contact apps if you use one... so check them out.
  10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I've found that clearing the call log clears the frequently called list after reboot.
  11. Thom

How do I "clea the call log"?

... Thom
  12. johnlgalt

13. Thom

Not work ling for me ...

Installed the free version.
    Cleared the Call Log.
    Power Off/Power On.
    Frequently Called list still there.

The Call Log was deleted. Reverse Lookup reports no previous entries.

... Thom
  14. johnlgalt

Hmmm, works on my end. weird.
  15. Thom

I have five entries in the frequently called list. I don't know how many I had when I started.

Did it clear all of yours or all but five?

... Thom
  16. johnlgalt

Actually it cleared them all but one.

Now it is showing another that I haven't called in two months - so the freq called list is hit and miss to begin with, it seems.
  17. Thom

Too bad ... it had promise.

... Thom
  18. johnlgalt

Yeah it had previously removed everything. Not sure why it is not doing so now.

Winder if there was an update that started causing this problem - I'll send a not to Ritesh and see if he knows (he's the developer)