Favorites Widget HelpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Upon clicking a contact for the first time it comes up with a default action, Text, Contact Card or Call, ive went through all the menus and cant figure out how to change that afterwards. Any ideas!?

Advertisement
  2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Go to People and choose Favorites at the bottom. Long press the name of the contact you want to change, and select "Change Default Action" from the popup.

3. emerica243

Thought i tried this, i tried long press of everything, menu press on everything, maybe i missed this, thanks ill give it a shot.

4. emerica243

not seeing it

5. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Go to the actual People application. Make sure the list you are viewing is Favorites. Then you should be able to long press on a contact to change the setting.

This assumes you're on 1.5. If you're on 2.1 then I have no idea. I'd assume it's the same, but I'm waiting for the OTA.

6. emerica243

oh, yea im on 2.1, and its not in that list

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Mine is just allowing me to add groups in the favorites widget. It is actually allowing me to add any group I want. I have one for work and one for friends. The default action wasn't applied until I chose something the first time. Then it defaulted to whatever action that was. Typically calling a cell, home or work number. This is of course in 2.1. The only way you may be able to change the default is to remove the contact from your favorites and then re-add them.

8. emerica243

Figured it out for 2.1, well kind of. I was on the recent call log, and i did some sort of figure swipe movement and 3 icons came up on the bottom to change the default, i cant figure out what i did though,

9. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

Anyone else figure this out?

10. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to remove a contact from favorites? I called this radio station a shitload of times because I was trying to win something and now it's stuck at the top of my list, lol.

11. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Go into people, select favorites (if using 1.5) or groups (if using 2.1) and hit the menu button. There should be an option to remove or delete them from that group/list.

12. johns190

johns190 New Member

People > Groups > Favorites (or whatever group requires changing) > Select Contact (in my case Jill)> Menu > More >Set Widget Action > Choose Preferred Default Action (in my case mobile) > Done

13. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Realized they weren't in my favorites, just in my frequently called people list.