Favourite Browser App?

1. zakaroo

zakaroo Member

Hi I'm thinking of changing from the stock browser on my Milestone but the choice is huge - so I was wondering, what's your favourite browser app and why?

Advertisement
  2. alex9483

alex9483 New Member

Mine is Xscope.
    Highly customizeable. clean UI. Also the fastest, although it's been laggy for me the last few updates. Currently trying to figure out if it's my issue (too many apps) or Xscope's. Still faster than stock and Dolphin for me, though.
  3. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I like both Dolphin and Skyfire. I probably should give Xscope a try.
  4. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

I've been very happy with Dolphin HD, but I have to admit that it was the first I tried, and I was happy enough with it that I never tried any of the competitors. I really like the use of gestures, and it seems really fast to me.
  5. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same story for me. Tried Dolphin first.
  6. goldfyngor

goldfyngor New Member

I tried Dolphin, then Skyfire and finally Dolphin HD on my Eris and I am finding HD to be SO much faster loading pages than the others.
  7. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

xScope. It's fairly minimal and fast. Excellent tab support as well.
  8. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

I don't think XScope allows you to save form information such as user names and passwords though to web sites.
  9. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

It saves my username and password in most forms on websites. Only those boxes that pop up before you can even see the webpages don't save your data (like to acces your router's webpage). Do other browsers do that?
  10. Marc Wonderland

Marc Wonderland Well-Known Member

I just downloaded XScope, it seems to be slow in response on the MyTouch 3G. Actually I tried to hit a link several times and nothing happened.
  11. Teknologic

There's 2 versions of xScope I think, 1 for 1.6 and 1 for up. Make sure you have the right version on your phone. That said, I use the higher version number so I can't comment on the 1.6.
    This browser is definitely the fastest for me tho.
  12. CartOverlord

CartOverlord Active Member

the factory htc sense browser is where its at
  13. othgar

othgar Well-Known Member

Dolphin HD. Great UI. xScope would be my second choice.
  14. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I normally use the stock browser unless I need to see something really quick, then I'll use opera mini.. its a great browser.
  15. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

Opera Mini 5 is the fastest one! There is a new version 5.1 due to be released today.
    CNHC likes this.
  16. lexluthor

That release is for Java, not for Android.
  17. williams2329

williams2329 Member

I like Internet Explorer 8,Opera 10.60 and Firefox but they all have some problems. Not a single browser is perfect so the choice can be depend on our need. I am using Internet Explorer 8 because it supports almost sites.
  18. Teknologic

Dude... you can't be serious o_O
  19. damule6666

damule6666 Well-Known Member

Dolphin HD after having tried most of the other heavy hitters. Opera, xScope and skyfire etc.

I have found it to be the most stable and consistently the fastest..

Just my 0.02
  20. lexluthor

Ummm....we are not talking about desktop browsers here.....lol
  21. Teknologic

He does have a point tho, IE8 ALMOST SUPPORTS SITES! xD
  22. CNHC

CNHC New Member

I think my favorite one is Opera mini 5, it's so fast and very easy to use.
  23. N1nja

N1nja Well-Known Member

Make my first post here, dunno why.
    Using Dolphin HD on a nexus one, went to Opera Mini after the default and then found Dolphin HD and love it; I don't use the gestures, but its quite fast and the setup is very nice.