Favourite Dr Who Quote?

Last Updated:

1. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Title says it all.

I know there's already a Dr Who thread, but I didn't want to hijack it as there are so many ace quotes, so started this to complement it.

Not necessarily my favourite quote but here's one to be getting on with:

The Doctor to Donna Noble:
    "So who are you getting married to? Are you sure he's human? He's not a bit overweight with a zip round his forehead is he?"

Advertisement
  2. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Are we talking strictly quotes from The Doctor? Or quotes from characters within the Whoniverse?

Quotes from The Doctor:
    Time isn't a straight line. It's all... bumpy-wumpy. There's loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything's possible. --11th Doctor

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff. --10th Doctor

Quotes not from The Doctor:
    Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, except there is a winner. --The TARDIS

I'm the tin dog. --Mickey Smith

You will save us Doctor. --The Daleks
  3. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Not just the Doctor. Any of that awesome stuff.

Brilliant. :D LLOL (Literally LOL)

EDIT: That is a brilliant moment of realization. The more I think about it the more I laugh.
  4. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Dalek: You are superior in one respect.
    Cybermen: What is that?
    Dalek: You are better at dying.
  5. MacFett

Would you like a Jelly baby? --4th Doctor

You may be a doctor. But I'm the Doctor. The definite article, you might say. --4th Doctor
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I just remembered one from when the Dr was saying goodbye to Rose at Bad Wolf Bay:

Rose: "I love you"
    Doctor: "Quite right too"

I never liked Russell's obsession with companions falling for the Doctor, and even less the other way round, but at that moment I could forgive him :)
  7. MacFett

I'm not a Pond. --Brian Williams

Riddell: Doctor, this is a two-man job.
    Amy grabs gun.
    Riddell: What are you doing?
    Amy: I'm easily worth two men.

I've traveled with the Doctor long enough to know when you find something you touch buttons. --Amy Pond
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

The Doctor: I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?

----

The Doctor: The last time, with Martha, it got complicated. And that was all my fault. I just want a mate.
    Donna Noble: You just want to mate?
    The Doctor: I just want *a* mate!
    Donna Noble: You're not matin' with me Sunshine!
    The Doctor: A mate! I want *a* mate!
    Donna Noble: Well, just as well, because I'm not having any of that nonsense! I mean, you're just a long streak of nothing, y'know, alien nothing!

----

Donna Noble: Oi! Watch it, spaceman!
    The Doctor: Oi! Watch it, earthgirl!
    MacFett likes this.
  9. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

10. Kruncha

Kruncha Well-Known Member

Can't believe this one's not posted:

"Doctor, who?" - Daleks in the last season.

K.
  11. JnEricsonx

JnEricsonx Well-Known Member

"Just once I'd like to encounter an alien menace that WASNT immune to bullets." -The Brigadier RIP Nick Courtney.

"You just killed someone I was close to that is not a good place to be!" -Tenth Doctor
    "Doctor: No. Colonel Manton, I want you to tell your men to run away.
    Manton
    : What?
    Doctor
    : Those words, "run away". I want you to be famous for those exact words. I want people to call you Colonel Runaway, I want children laughing outside your door because they've found the house of Colonel Runaway, and when people come to you and ask if trying to get to me through the people I love is in any way a good idea, I want you to tell them your name."

"You gave me hope then took it away. Thats enough to make anyone dangerous; God knows what it'll do to me." -The 11th Doctor.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  12. Gintama

Gintama Active Member

agree
  13. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Daleks in trouble....screaming things like...
    My vision is impaired! I cannot see!!
    Emergency! Emergency! Weapon system disabled!
    Cannot control! Cannot control! Help me! Help me ! Help! Help! Help! Help!