favourite froyo rom

Last Updated:

1. pyr03k

pyr03k Member This Topic's Starter

Please post your favourite froyo rom

Im currently using defrost 2. 9a first and only Rom I have tried would like to know others opinions on good roms

Advertisement
  2. The Stranger

The Stranger Active Member

I only rooted a few days ago. I'm currently on NeoPhyte 1.7. I originally flashed his other rom. Both seem good.

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

defrost and opendesire seem to be the best to me.

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

i have used next sense & neophyte, using neophyte 1.7.1 at present it seems to be the fastest sense rom available scoring 1518 for me.

5. pyr03k

Defrost was canning my battery until I installed setcpu now seems better then it was with stock HTC froyo.

Finding it hard to find themes and mods for recent defrost builds :-(

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I've only used defrost 2.6 and MoDaco R5 and 2x R8.

I didn't like defrost at all, mainly because I was coming from a 2.1 MoDaCo Rom which I really liked.

I like R8. Not as fast as R5 (according to quadrant), but much more stable. I love that I can have it with Perflock disabled on boot now. Shouldn't be long until R8 becomes an official MoDaCo release.

7. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Using OpenDesire with Sense at the minute, may switch to a stock ROM soon, I can't disable Perflock on this ROM(no underclocking :()

8. pyr03k

i am a bit of a noob on rooting....can someone tell me with say defrost when a new version is out how to I update my rom instead of flashing the new rom and then install all my stuff and starting again :confused:

9. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

With DeFroST, the latest versions come with 'DeFroST setup' which allows you to easily select the files you need. They are then flashed using 'Clockwork mod'. DeFroST is my current favourite. I much prefer the ROM's without sense.

10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

when installing the new rom, i use the following process:

1: backup using titanium
    2: nandroid backup using rom manager
    3: flash new rom

NB #2 and #3 can be done in one action

I don't wipe, thus i don't lose any data. The backups are there in case i need ro redo, or wipe.

11. halcyondays

halcyondays Well-Known Member

Just flashed my leedroid 1.4 rom to 1.8c, only custom rom i've ever used and never had any niggles i couldn't sort out, a very stable and reliable rom

12. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

+1 for 1.8 Leedroid!

13. pyr03k

Thanks Lekky so flashing without wiping the bits and bobs in recovery will simply update the rom.

whats difference between titanium backup and nandroid backup?

14. SUroot

Titanium is appsand data. If you wipe, this willrestoreall your settings.

Nandroid is a snapshot. Rom, apps data everything. If you restore a nandroid, it will restore it exactly as itwas. Titanium will take apps and data to new roms. Nandroid will not.

15. pyr03k

thanks man makes sense

16. pr1vatepiles

pr1vatepiles Member

been looking at the custom roms so may gave them a try instead of using the stock sense on my desire. am i right in thinking if i dont like customs roms i can just put the stock version back on just as easy as install the custom roms?

17. SUroot

Once rooted and if youre using rom manager, yeah. I do reccommend using a rooted stock Rom though

18. pr1vatepiles

pr1vatepiles Member

at the minute i am using the official froyo version that i installed following the guide on this part of the forum, was just curious really at the options we have. new to android so find all this very interesting.

19. NickB95

NickB95 New Member

Hi guys
    I have a desire with .75 bootloader, and 4.05.00.11 radio. It is locked to Telstra.
    I have not rooted it yet, as there are a few things I want to clear up before I do. (It is running eclair)

First, I want to make sure I can backup the standard, locked to telstra ROM, for obvious reasons. I believe this is what nandroid does, and that the 1-click method located here in the forums includes a nandroid backup? is this true?

Now back on subject. once I have rooted, what or whose rom should i use?
    If possible, I would like a rom that is easy to update, must have sense, preferably Froyo, must be stable, good to decent battery life, and apart from that, the faster the better. I know that i am being really picky, and that is probably why I need you pro's to help me out.

Thanks for any help!

* 2 other things- I have heard stories ofthings going wrong with radios when rooting, so I would just like to make sure that any rom i use will have an inbuilt radio (and that nandroid can put my old one back on), or that it wont be touched.
    Thanks again!