faxing using my droid

1. skandlus

skandlus Member

I want to get rid of my home phone, that'll eliminate about $40/month and put that # on a cell... only issue is faxing. I dont fax much but usually when we do its gotta be done NOW kind of thing. Anyone have success with online faxes?

Advertisement
  2. MiamiFin33

MiamiFin33 Active Member

I'll subscribe to this thread...
  3. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

sending and receiving faxes?
  4. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have two apps for that. One is camscanner. It works best of the about 8 apps I tried. I also use files anywhere to send faxes. Both are free! Both are worth paying for. I don't know how to receive a fax though. I've never had that need yet.
  5. goldz28

goldz28 Well-Known Member

I found camscanner but can't find files anywhere.
  6. Eurosteve

Eurosteve Well-Known Member

I know it's not a cellphone solution but you might want to look at a home phone alternative called the netTALK DUO. (nettalk.com) Initial cost is $69.95. This includes DUO and first year of service. Each additional year is $29.95. It's like MagicJack except it gives you the option of connecting to your USB port OR directly to your router. Their website says it works with faxes.

I have no experience with this device but it looks interesting. I also see that a new MagicJack Plus is supposed to come out soon that also lets you bypass the computer and connect directly to the router.
  7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

To the OP, you just need one of these fax-to-email services. Something like eFax - eFax - Internet Fax to Email Services - will work perfectly.

eFax is a little pricey, I'm sure there are cheaper services out there.
  8. MyTjSux

MyTjSux Well-Known Member

lol
  9. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

+1

I use camscanner when I travel for expense receipts. I also have used it to get documents to customers like a fax and sending to their email.
  10. goldz28

That was so funny
  11. goldz28

filesanywhere is not compatible with GB, thats why I could not find it.