• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fbook application? How do I get it on my g1 phone?

it sucks that I am coming across as such a moron, but I'm wondering if there is another solution to this problem. I have done that a number of times, and now it reads: There are no matches in Android Market for the search: fbook
:thinking:
go to:
market>applications>social

It should be in the top 5
There is:
Fbook
Facebook sync
Facebook lite

You probably want Fbook.

As I said before you can just use the browser and go to facebook.com mobile and it is pretty much the same.

I wonder if maybe it was removed for the UK...

Upvote 0
this is maddening, the things you are offering aren't working. When I follow market-apps-social I get myspace and the next thing that even looks like facebook is facebook synch, not even close to the same thing.

I'm wondering if the newer versions of the G! have made it impossible to access fbook from the market. or could it be because I am using a MAC?

Upvote 0
this is maddening, the things you are offering aren't working. When I follow market-apps-social I get myspace and the next thing that even looks like facebook is facebook synch, not even close to the same thing.

I'm wondering if the newer versions of the G! have made it impossible to access fbook from the market. or could it be because I am using a MAC?
Don't use your mac.
Pick up your phone
go to your home screen.
see that little grey bar with the triangle on it?
pull it up to see that giant list of every app on your phone.
You are looking for a white bag with a green android on it labelled "market"
This is the official android market, it's not a website, it's an app on your phone. THAT is where you need to look. If it's not there, in the app, on your phone, then there's something up with your phone.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. I can't find fBook or locale in the marketplace at all. I am looking in the marketplace. Searched the marketplace using the search function and manually going through it till I just got fed up. My G1 is unlocked on and is on Tigo for service(hondran phone company, I am stationed here for now).

Any ideas? Are they T-mobile exclusive apps?

Upvote 0
Maybe he is running firmware v. 1.0? I just got my G1 today, and fbook is not showing up in the market because my firmware version is 1.0

I am having the same problem. I can't find fBook or locale in the marketplace at all. I am looking in the marketplace. Searched the marketplace using the search function and manually going through it till I just got fed up. My G1 is unlocked on and is on Tigo for service(hondran phone company, I am stationed here for now).

Any ideas? Are they T-mobile exclusive apps?

Thank you X, it really isn't there for some of us.

I do have T-MObile.

Are all of you guys in the UK or the States?

Upvote 0
something's not right, again it isn't showing up in my market.

Did you Ever say what market/region/Version build you are running ???

=======================================================
HELP US HELP YOU !!! with your Problem
GOT A Problem On your G1 Magic or Other Android Phones ?

If you expect or would like answers from our Seniors Members ???
Please !! provide the following : .... (so they can best help you quickly)

Go into you phone settings in the "About Phone" and let us know :

1.) Model Number ? ___________
2.) Firmware Version ? ___________
3.) Baseband Version ? ___________
4.) Kernel Version ? ___________
5.) Build Number ? ___________

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? ________________

Carrier ? _______________ (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? _______________ (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone?
T-Mobile Customer Services can tell you that and make
any necessary corrections so that it is properly recognized
when connected. <<< BEEN THERE DONE THAT !!! AND ...

I have 2 Phones and one is On FlexPay. It would NOT Work
right when I recieved the SIM because it was NOT set to
match the Settings on my T-Mobile account.

Upvote 0
Hey guys ....

I just got my replacement G1 from insurance and I was trying to install all the old apps I had on my old handset and ran into the same people as some of the people above. The fBook app is no where to be found on the market for me.

To answer your questions:

1) yes I am a T-Mobile customer

2) I have the full blow data plan

3) Firmware Verison is 1.1 (still waiting on the cupcake 1.5)

4) Baseband Version: 62.33.20.08H_1.22.14.11

5) Kernel Version: 2.6.25-01845-g85d4f0d android-build@apa27 #27

6) Build Number: kila-user 1.1 PLAT-RC33 126986 ota-rel-keys,release-keys

ANy ideas???

oh an Im a US customer.

Upvote 0
Hey guys ....

I just got my replacement G1 from insurance and I was trying to install all the old apps I had on my old handset and ran into the same people as some of the people above. The fBook app is no where to be found on the market for me.

To answer your questions:

1) yes I am a T-Mobile customer

2) I have the full blow data plan

3) Firmware Verison is 1.1 (still waiting on the cupcake 1.5)

4) Baseband Version: 62.33.20.08H_1.22.14.11

5) Kernel Version: 2.6.25-01845-g85d4f0d android-build@apa27 #27

6) Build Number: kila-user 1.1 PLAT-RC33 126986 ota-rel-keys,release-keys

ANy ideas???

oh an Im a US customer.

I have same build as you and do a search for facebook and the search returns lots of matches.... so I dont know ... I know IF you want to find fbook as it is a cupcake 1.5 version program .. so until you get cupcake FBOOK will not show in your market

Upvote 0
that's bizarre, I have the same build and firmware version, all that, and just a few days ago (5/14) when I posted to this thread, I did a search and found fbook. Now, it's not on the market anymore. Good thing I have it installed already, but weird, in 6 days something happened that took it off the market for the non-cupcaked.

Upvote 0
that's bizarre, I have the same build and firmware version, all that, and just a few days ago (5/14) when I posted to this thread, I did a search and found fbook. Now, it's not on the market anymore. Good thing I have it installed already, but weird, in 6 days something happened that took it off the market for the non-cupcaked.

I just checked on my 1.5 version and it is not showing there now either ... so it has been pulled from the market .... not on Cyrket either ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones