Feature and suggestion threadSupport

Last Updated:

1. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot Guide This Topic's Starter

I love my Evo, but my #1 complaint has to be when texting I hit the search button. I would love to have the ability to either:

a. Disable search in landscape when there is text in the field (showing that I am typing)

b. A configurable delay before it does anything, so if I just tap it, the button is ignored.

Advertisement
  2. rtg593

rtg593 New Member

Just going to stick with the obvious suggestions I'm sure have been heard thousands of times...

1. Auto-Update scheduler. Only update between time x and time x. Tired of my phone dying an hour after I get up because I open the market and 75 apps start updating at once.

2. Auto-Update only when plugged in option. Must work with above option. Update 50+ apps can kill the battery too quick.

3. Can someone please fix this update failed when you try to update an app on SD? Ditto for installation failed when the SD was is mounted? Pretty Please?:)

3. kevinosborn

kevinosborn New Member

So the face unlock is "cool" but not secure. Would be really nice if Google would implement the ability to speak your pass code/pin. When driving I can make calls, do searches, and send texts all with my voice. Unfortunately though, I have to look at my phone to unlock it first and take my eyes off the road to do so.

I contacted a developer who said that passing information to the unlock screen wasn't possible and implied that Google would have to make the change to the OS to all voice commands to unlock the phone.

With my design hat on I'm thinking either a long press of the power button to activate the mic or tapping enter without a code to activate the mic. We would't want the mic to always activate because we don't want to always have to speak the pass code/pin. Just sometimes when we need it.

I've heard Google has a patent or something to use voice recognition to unlock the phone but that gimicky and not what would be truly helpful. Just allow us to speak the pin.

Before someone suggest that I turn off the screen lock when driving, my company (like many) force a pin unlock so I can't turn it off.

Rxpert83 likes this.