• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Fedex site says delivery is on the 28th by X time. Why are people freaking? If it is the 28th and the packages is still sitting there I could see getting worried then.

Mine is in Memphis as well and has switched from the 27th by 3:30 to 28th by 7pm so that sucks but it is still a day earlier than I thought it would be. When we all ordered the device it clearly stated delivered on the 29th :)

Upvote 0
I saw another post that said that Memphis is more buttoned down vs other facilities (hdqtrs and all) and more likely to comply with VZW's wishes. So although others in the country are seeing deliveries today. I expect to see that my shipment will arrive as advertised 4/28 by 7PM.

BTW Nashville TN area here, pre ordered 4/19. status changed Saturday night.

Upvote 0
To top it off I hear people say they are picking their phones up at Fedex shipping center, but I tried to have my local Fedex shipping center hold mine but they said Verizon will not let them hold a package..it has to have 1 delivery attempt first.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That is one of those things that it depends on who you get. Its not as Verizon didn't already screw up early release.

Upvote 0
To display the shipment travel activity in local time of the scan, please select "Local Scan Time" time zone option.
icon_important.gif
Alert: To determine the destination time zone for this shipment please select from the Others list.
icon_important.gif
Alert: To determine the origin time zone for this shipment please select from the Others list.
No entries found​

Date/Time​
Activity​
Location​
Details​

Apr 27, 2010 1:00 PM
Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

Apr 27, 2010 10:37 AM
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN

Apr 26, 2010 3:19 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Apr 25, 2010 7:19 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

Apr 25, 2010 10:30 AM
Picked up
MEMPHIS, TN​

Upvote 0
Mine just left FedEx Origin Facility (Memphis) 2 minutes ago! Est. Delivery 29th by 7 P.M. though. I just hope they push it through for tomorrow!

Edit: Blast, it just "Arrived at Fedex location" (Memphis), well back to waiting... it appears I was mistaken on what that actually meant... sigh

Maybe yours went from the holding queue to the shipping queue.

Upvote 0
Really? Most of us are gonna get our phones a day or two early. How can that be bad? I think its just bad because you anticipate more and have more knowledge about what is going on behind the scenes. Normally you'd never notice all of this stuff.

This whole preorder thing has been the biggest fustercluck I've ever seen.

Reactions: MoPhoMan
Upvote 0
Really? Most of us are gonna get our phones a day or two early. How can that be bad? I think its just bad because you anticipate more and have more knowledge about what is going on behind the scenes. Normally you'd never notice all of this stuff.

I didn't say it was bad, did I? What I meant was that there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how it's been carried out. No consistency whatsoever from what I've seen so far.

And yeah, I haven't received mine yet obviously or else I wouldn't be bitching. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones