feedback on tweetdeck.General

Last Updated:

1. jes0212

jes0212 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering about dislikes and likes about this app. Is it better than having all the seperate apps? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. DWSFresh

DWSFresh Active Member

Yes. I had issues with Friendstream, the HTC Twitter client, and the official app from Twitter. I had used Tweetdeck on my Mac, and loved it. Once I discovered it was available on Android I decided to give it a try. Hasn't messed up once and it's very easy to use. You can make as many columns as you'd like, too.

I recommend Tweetdeck for Android over any other Twitter client available.

3. jes0212

I use toutieur right now. But all these multiple are silly. Are u able to check everything at once?

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I'm someone that prefers to have everything separate. Twitdroyd for Twitter, Facebook for Android for Facebook.

5. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

There is no greater app than Tweetdeck IMHO for social networking. It is fully customizable. You only want 1 page, then only have one page, if you want 6 then have 6. You want some pages to notify you with updates via sound and light, then so be it. You want others to NEVER notify you and even others to notify you with light but not sound? Yeah you can do that too. My ONLY gripe is that it starts automatically when I reboot my phone. I don't always want it running in the background when I'm in powersaver mode. I wish I could set it to start when I choose, not when I reboot.

6. houtx1

houtx1 Active Member

Only issue I have with it is that it has to open the browser to view pictures on Facebook. Otherwise, I love it.

7. jes0212

My problem right now is that most of the time on Facebook for android, I do not receive notifications. Its extremely irritating bc i eventually find out I have a message days later. So it sounds like an awesome app to run everything, Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

8. emmur0

emmur0 Well-Known Member

this sums up my thoughts as well. Full-time user

9. jes0212

Now I have a question. Why does tweetdeck keep signing me out of foursquare and Facebook?

10. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Been using it for quite a while (for Twitter and FB). I wouldn't use anything else.

11. DWSFresh

DWSFresh Active Member

I forgot to mention above that I use Tweetdeck strictly for Twitter.

12. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Please help me, you seem to really understand how to set it up, I'm baffled - I want to be able to follow many people on Twitter (I've got quite a few I follow on the computer) but I can't figure out how to follow anyone but arubin :D Help?? Plus Facebook really doesn't make much sense on Tweetdeck either.

13. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

When you open Tweetdeck the first time you will only have your Twitter account linked to it. It will be your 1st screen. You will also have a screen for private messages and mentions. If you push + you can add accounts. There you can add Foursquare, Facebook, Buzz and other social networks.

Facebook, if you add Facebook, you will have a "Newsfeed" page in Tweetdeck. You can also add a message screen, etc for Facebook. Once you open up a new page, press menu and from there you can configure how you receive notifications for that page. If you get it to notify you by sound, light, vibrate or any combination of the above.

Any other social network you add you can add like Facebook above. What I truly love about it is that I can update them all from one button. By touching each one when I go to the status button, I can choose what is updated. So if I want to update Buzz, Facebook and Foursquare with my location, I can click all 3 and hit my location and it' goes out.

In order to follow more people on Twitter you have to sign in and link your Twitter account with Tweetdeck. You'd think that would be done for you, but it's not, you still have to click them to link them. Hope this helps.

reinbeau likes this.
  14. reinbeau

So you have to have Tweetdeck installed on your PC to adequately use the program?? That isn't exactly what I thought I was getting into. Off to do it and see if I can get anywhere, because right now all I am is frustrated with the whole process. And sick and tired of reading arubin only!!

Ok, I'm obviously too stupid to use any of this. It makes no sense, I can't read anyone but arubin, who I really could give two figs about. I'll go back to the infinitely underpowered stock components to read and be done with it. At least that Tweetdeck on my PC is giving me updates, but the handheld is useless to me. Thank you for your help.

15. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

No, you don't have to have it installed on your PC. I don't.

16. reinbeau

Well, it was via the desktop Tweetdeck that I was finally able to figure out how to use the program on my Captivate. I have to say, it is the most unintuitive interface I have ever been up against (the desktop is much better), and there seems to be no help out there on how to set things up. I got mad enough to stumble through and finally figured out how to add columns, what I was really looking for, however, was the Tweetdeck 'All Friends' column, without any Facebook feed, I can't seem to set that up. Other than that I'm finally able to use the program on my Captivate, and I thank you all for putting up with my temper tantrum. :)

17. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member

I've only been using TweetDeck for about a week, but I'm also very new to Twitter and Foursquare. Between those and Facebook I decided to give it a shot. It takes a little getting use to. My only problem I've noticed is the "Location" for updating Foursquare check-ins doesn't load as fast as the Foursquare app (and it's not too quick either). The delay, coupled with the stupid GPS bug in the Incredible makes location check-ins a real pain. Often I find myself fiddling with it longer than I even care to be at that stop!

18. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

It's growing on me. The column metaphor is unique, but actually pretty cool. You want a column for #dwarftossing (or any other search)? You can, and with custom refresh and notifications.

You can't edit Twitter lists, but you can access them... and make each one a column if you want.

Parts of it seem unintuitive at first, but for the most part, everything eventually makes sense.

This is probably my biggest complaint. It's functional, but it's ugly to suddenly find yourself in a completely different interface (the Facebook web interface) when all I wanted to do was view the picture.

19. MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers Well-Known Member

Can you retweet with comment using tweetdeck?

20. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

i LOVE tweetdeck on my DInc.

21. JohnKuczek

JohnKuczek Well-Known Member

Yes, and it will also alow the current retweet style, your choice. You can even retweet to FB, Buzz, and 4sq.

22. MarkR

MarkR Well-Known Member

23. scooz16

scooz16 Well-Known Member

does tweetdeck have a widget on the free version?

24. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

They have 3 widgets. A post one, one which is like 2x2 with 1 click to column views. A 4x1 with 1 click to columns.