Feedback. People who went from iPhone 3g to Magic.Support

Last Updated:

1. clandest

clandest Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 8, 2009
    Ght now I have a iPhone 3g and I am tired of how tight apple has it locked up. And I want an android baed phone. So I have my sights on the htc magic. For people that made the switch. Do you honestly like it better? I don't care if it doesn't blow the iPhone out of the water I just want somethin onpar with the iPhone. Just better ;)

will I be satisfied with the magic if I make the switch to android or should I wait for a G4 or something? I can't get the hero cause non currently or ever will support my art carrier. So I am planning to go with an Rogers htc magic.

Please share with me your experiances going from iPhone to magic.

(I typed this in iPhone so might be some typeos I didn't proof read.)

2. x IF all IE IN

x IF all IE IN Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Well, im not coming from an Iphone to a Magic, but I have for sure had my share of Iphone from friends. Overall, the switcht to the Magic from an Iphone is GOOD. I imo believe HTC Magic just beats Iphone out of the water. Since im not someone who switched, 3 of my friends did. They to are enjoying the Magic BETTER.
    If you have patience, you may even want to wait until the HTC Hero is released, better move again.
  3. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I went from iPhone 3g to G1 to Sony non-smartphone (G1 was reported stolen by eBay seller a month after purchase) to Magic.

Both G1 and Magic were / are used unrooted with stock ROM and 16gb memory card on O2 (UK) network.

Overall the major benefits (IMHO) of Android over iPhone are:
    1. Real Multi Tasking
    2. Native push support and OTA syncing (iTunes sync process too slow on Windows machine)
    3. Ability to install apps outside of the 'Official' application store
    4. Ability to customise 'desktop' UI (using alternative home apps)
    5. Variety of apps - Android has about a dozen music / media player apps in addition to the standard one. Apple don't permit this sort of ground-level competition.

Would I go back? No.
    Would I trade for a 3GS? No.

NB: I can't comment on the Rogers ROM as I've got the stock UK version, so I'll leave that for someone else to comment on.

4. phoenixstorm

phoenixstorm New Member

Nov 18, 2009

The Magic and Android is way superior an OS than iPhone. True multitasking. Ability to download files. It would take too long to type out everything as I'm using my Magic right now (and I'm tired). One thing is the text prediction. You don't have to tho the whole word. It gives you choices of what your typing. Makes things way quicker. The trackball is a plus too. As are actual physical buttons. The customizability of Android is awesome. Widgets, themes and home replacements make your home screen unique. I just love my Magic.

The only time I use my iPhone is for a few apps. Android lacks a good Facebook app, so I tend to use my iPhones Facebook app if I'm doing any serious FBing. Android does have a Facebook app that has a widget. It is neat having peoples Status Updates on the homescreen. There is even an app that puts widgets, including a Facebook one, on your lock screen. Its called Flyscreen.

Telus, has the GSM version of the HTC Hero now, so if you don't mind the chin. It runs on the same bands as the Rogers Magic and both phones are similar specwise except that the Hero has a better camera, 3.5 headphone jack and of course Sense UI.