Feedback sound changingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jkpuzo

jkpuzo New Member

Im quite new in using android. I was thinking one day, can you change the beeping sound into for example the sounds in star trek computers. I mean is there anykinda app or other way to change the sound. Tried to search market for it but no luck. And when searching it in the forums I get close hits but not what im looking for.

Advertisement
  2. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

What sound are you talking about? Do you mean notification sounds? If so, use zedge, there are a lot of notification sounds and ringtones or even wallpapers to choose from, and it's free. :D
  3. jkpuzo

jkpuzo New Member

No man, aint talking about ringtones and message notification. But thanks might
    dwnload it. I mean in the settings-sounds and at the feedback,audible touch tones and selections. Any way to change that basic beep?
  4. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

You can also download any sound file, and put it in a folder called notifications, then put that folder in another folder called audio and that in another called media. So the folders will be media>audio>notifications>your sounds file.mp3 then when you choose your notifications the file should be in the list.
  5. steslatt

Sorry mate only just saw your reply, yes you can do that but you need to be rooted and have root explorer.
  6. jkpuzo

jkpuzo New Member

I just might try that, thanks a lot! Actually i have been wondering whats the fuss about rooting, i will search the forums etc. Like I said some experience in android mainly with my friends phones. Just a quick question what are the benefits in rooting and the faults.
  7. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Some of the touch sounds may be an unfamiliar format such as .mmr, sometimes these are just .wavs with a different extension. If your replacement sound comes out wrong, you may need to adjust the bit rate or something.
  8. steslatt

Benefits are that you have more control over your phone, you can change things that you could not do without root access. Cons are if you dont know what you are doing you can mess up your phone.

Yes they are .ogg I think you would have to convert your mp3 file for it to work.