• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Feedom Kernel On VM Optimus F3

hydroman202

Feb 14, 2015
I know this kernel is supposed to be for other variants of this phone, but i tested it on this one and it works! What i did to make it work is a factory reset after installing it, and by that i mean holding volume up + power until it said something about factory resetting. I think this runs very well on games, but thats just an observation. i would also recommend lowering the frequency from 1.4 ghz to 1.2 ghz, for batteries sake.

Yeah, it runs good. I tried it a few months ago. Keep in mind that your aboot.img was changed to the metro pcs aboot.img. If you try to boot into recovery using the buttons during boot, you'll force a kernel panic and result in a factory reset. You'll need to boot into recovery by issuing a 'reboot recovery' command instead. You can find more information in the metro pcs sub-forum. To reset it back to ours, just re install the virgin mobile aboot.img.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones