feel the heat?Support

1. redredgecko

redredgecko New Member

Does anyone have an idea of the max temp the galaxy s will operate effectively at? Mines hitting 87 whilst tethered & charging, the top of the screen becomes sluggish and unresponsive at this stage. Anyone had similar? Last thing I want to do is cook my phone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

seeems pretty warm does that my Galaxy s is currently at 30degrees (just sat doing nothing)

my g1 used to get stupid hot and it never caused any problems (especially while charging in the car)
  3. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member

Just about every smart phone I had gets hot/warm when I am doing something intensive and charging at the same time.
  4. zmartfone

zmartfone Member

I feel that it really warm only when charging,
    Other than that its normal even with intensive use.
  5. beomheonyi

beomheonyi New Member

At the back of the phone,where "with Google" typed,it is too hot to touch, whenever i play with the phone. Is it faulty product? or everyone has the same issue? My previous phone was nexus one,which became gently WARM (compared to this)only in charging. Just before i removed sd card. I nearly burned my finger.
  6. galaxysser

galaxysser Active Member

Mine gets warm, but I can still touch it, it certainly doesn't get too hot to touch.

For those who are experiencing extreme heat issues, I would return it
  7. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Fairly warm sometimes.

Tends to be when the 3G radio has been in use for a while.
  8. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

id get that back to the shop doesn't sound right to me.
  9. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Mine gets pretty warm when I am running games, but never too hot to touch. Better return that.
  10. blonkster

blonkster Well-Known Member

If you mean Centigrade then you have a problem. Mine hits 52C max when doing 3G and satnav - which seems a little too not to me, but I guess its doing a lot.