• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Feeling Frustrated - Issues with Syncing Music

So I'm trying to get a subset of my music from my laptop onto my Eris.
  • Can't use iTunes (obviously).
  • iTunes Agent sets up just fine, but then when I hit the "sync" button, says "no connected devices" or words to that effect. (Even though it saw the Eris just fine when going through setup!)
  • Doubletwist doesn't see all my playlists (and it DOES see playlists that were deleted). I have it syncing a couple of playlists, just to see how it goes.
  • Salling Media Sync seemed like a great idea (it saw all the right playlists) but it crashes every time on the first song. And if I take that song out of the sync, it crashes on the "new" first song.
  • I've looked at MediaMonkey and TuneWiki and (for various reasons) didn't like them.
I'd be fine with DoubleTwist if only it saw the real playlists... (and yes, I've searched the forums, apologies in advance if I missed the answer)

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!:thinking:

I was advised to get media monkey, but it seems to randomly messing up. It is doing very very strange things like when I put music from my library to my eris.... it works fine, but a few songs have a strange glitch were it put clips of other songs, into other songs. For example the first song on the Beatles album will start off with nano second clips of five other songs in my library... and media monkey is the best sync software I've used so far. Double twist sux. Sailing also blows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones