• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Feeling super worried. stomach in a knot

HadouGhost

Android Expert
Feb 14, 2010
So i have a 3rd phone on my way to me. my first phone went bad with the screen, the second one has a very faulty keyboard. it clicks in place when open but it doesnt clip close so it opens with minimal resistance, plus the screen isnt sealed correctly so over time eventually dust will get behind the glass. plus its a CLN phone when they were supposed to send me another NEW phone. So 3rd phone thats NEW is OTW now, should get here monday.

My stomach is in a knot right now getting my 3rd phone. As i have low tolerance for defects. There are some i can look past but the two MAIN things are dead pixels and dust under the screen. Ill be gone until wed night in flordia for a conference for my job so i wont have a chance to look at the screen until i get back...I really... REALLY hope there arent any dead pixels or dust on the phone..and if there are its either along the outer edges (not in the middle of the screen) and theyre really hard to see... *sigh*

I know im just rambling and this post has no signifigance on anything but it feels good getting out there. Wish me luck guys. I LOVE this phone, but just want to get one thats worth what I paid for it.

I forgot to mention, the 2nd phone with the loose keyboard, has zero dead pixels but one spec of dust under the glass thats luckily not too far towards the middle of the screen. its quite close to the capacitive buttons. it doesnt bother me all that much. neither did the stuck white pixel on the first one. both were very unobtrusive and hard to see unless i look for it. So im trying very VERY hard to feel optimistic.

Otherwise this phone is going back and im ordering yet another phone.

Man I just got my replacement and the leds on the menu home and back keys are bad and the search one is beyond bright...not only that but it seems like something in there isn't lined up correctly because there are parts of the soft keys that aren't lit up...called and they are sending me another.. -_-

Upvote 0
Adding my voice to the "good luck" crew here, Mr. Ghost.

It's a shame when good money goes out from a customer to a huge company, and the product turns out to be repeatedly defective. That really grinds my gears. I guess the whole thing is across many devices made by many companies these days, and I think that they are in too big of a hurry to get their "latest and greatest" out into the stores, so quality control suffers.

Many of us are lucky, and get a fine one from the beginning, and don't have to go through what you're going through, but there are too many having to do the "refurb shuffle."

Upvote 0
I too am lucky. I went thru 3 samsung droid charges all new. I get to exchange for a CLN droid 3 and its kickass out of the envelope (cln comes in an envelope). Lovvvvve this phone. Yes the keyboard is tight when opened but loose shut. It doesn't bother me as my friends have the same issue. Battery life is good, it rarely reboots- I know when it is about to and I reboot it first. Good luck!

Upvote 0
So i got my new phone.... it has 890 installed on it already. wtf? i thought it wasnt even OUT yet and my new phone has it installed already.

I'm confused.
blargh.. shitty 12fps low light videos here i come.

For real???? Could you put up the Build Number, Baseband, Kernel, ERI and PRL so I can compare it to the leaked version?

Upvote 0
build number: 5.5.1_84_D3G-55

baseband: N_93.18.29P

Kernel: 2.6.35.7-2790a33cw30471@il93lnxdroid42#1

eri: 5

prl:58008

i await your findings with much intent.

They are a little different. The leaked is:

Baseband - N_03.18.29P (same)

Kernel - 2.6.35.7-g790a33cw30471@il93lnxdroid42#1 (different)

Build - 5.5.1_84_D3G-55 (same)

ERI - 5 (same)

PRL - 52363 (different)

Upvote 0
They are a little different. The leaked is:

Baseband - N_03.18.29P (same)

Kernel - 2.6.35.7-g790a33cw30471@il93lnxdroid42#1 (different)

Build - 5.5.1_84_D3G-55 (same)

ERI - 5 (same)

PRL - 52363 (different)

Hmm, I wonder what's different??????

kernels are the same, g720.

i mistyped. sry. but there are some differences.

Upvote 0
btw just to inform, my new D3 has a perfect keyboard. nice resistance going up and down, clicks nice and firm open and closed. No dust under the screen. It does have two white pixels but these are super super and im talkin SUPER small. i had to have the phone max brightness on a full black screen with the phone almost touching my nose to notice them. at that point i dont care lol. ^_^

im happy. finally got my phone im happy with. screen protector goes on it tonight.

probably going to get an otter box case for the coup de grace

Upvote 0
btw just to inform, my new D3 has a perfect keyboard. nice resistance going up and down, clicks nice and firm open and closed. No dust under the screen. It does have two white pixels but these are super super and im talkin SUPER small. i had to have the phone max brightness on a full black screen with the phone almost touching my nose to notice them. at that point i dont care lol. ^_^

im happy. finally got my phone im happy with. screen protector goes on it tonight.

probably going to get an otter box case for the coup de grace
Awesome, glad to hear you're finally satisfied with your D3. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones